• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Politicians are so full of ** it

Started by trailtwister, July 31, 2016, 08:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailtwister

Politicians sure are a bunch of lyres don't mater what party.
They have told us again and a again they will not allow gouging at the pump for gasoline and diesel. Yet every week end with the price per barrel staying the same and some cases have even went down the price at the pump will jump as high as 30 cents.
Now it the price of oil [per barrel is the same why has the pump price jumped and those lyres not went after the gouging as they have claimed they would?
Yesterday I was in town and going to get 15 gallons to have on hand for the tractor and mower. Dumb old me passed the station at 2.01 and went to other stores to gather things I needed and wanted. By 2:00pm I was ready to go home and the price jumped to 2.19. Now what pray tell was the cause this mark up I ask? Price for a barrel of oil jumped in the middle of a Saturday? I think now.

:eyebrownod:  Al
Your not fully dressed with out a smile.

gravesco hunter

I don't think they need an exuse to raise gas prices any more ,they just do it for fun.

bambam

Hitlery needs more money for her campaign. 

HaMeR

:doh2: The gas station owners sell gas for a living. Thus they are always looking towards their next truck load of gas to be dumped in their tanks. If they see,, or feel,, remember they do this for a living,, the price to them will jump on Monday by $.18/per gallon they are going to make sure they have enough money at the end of the weekend to pay for the next truckload of gas that is coming in on Monday or Tuesday at $.18/per gallon more. It's a very simple concept that is so easy to understand. Common belief is the price per barrel fluctuating & to an extent it is.

BTW-- A barrel of oil can jump $15.00 on a Saturday morning because stock trading never really stops.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

I saw a 57 cent increase (one jump) increase here.  It lasted for about two weeks and then the prices started to drop again.  Right now our prices have dropped from $2.27 last weekend to $1.87 that I paid today.

My brother-in-law worked at a retirement center and talked with a guy that owned about 10 stations in the area.  Karl asked him about the prices and how they go up or down and the guy told him that while price (there cost) somewhat sets the price it is dominated by 'what the market will pay'.  He said that if he had a station that was not selling enough he would cut the price and people would go there. He said that where they got the highest amount was when there wasn't another station in the area.

Also, if you really don't like the way politicians (either party) are acting I would encourage you to run for office. 

Jerry

trailtwister

It is already back down to 2.09 will be back down to 2.01 or lower by this afternoon.

Okanagan

I had to go across the line this morning so filled up on gas.  The cheapest gas I found in Lynden, WA was 2.50.  That is considerably less than north of the line.

trailtwister

Wrong back up to 2.15 by noon.

trailtwister

I under stand making a living but a 30 cent jump in the price Thursday afternoon to Monday after noon is a gouge way I see it.