• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Bought a new play thing.

Started by trailtwister, August 17, 2016, 10:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailtwister

I have drooling over this car for a good while. I asked about buying it in 2011 the first time and again in 2014. Lady that owned it fell and broke her hip and finally decided she would never drive it again. It had been started and ran in the drive way in 2010 for a short stint other than that it has sat in the garage.

1985 Buick LaSaber 2dr collectors edition, 87,000 miles rounded up, last year rear wheel drive LaSabers were built.

Yes I do have a good collection of Massey Harris tractors but they are a hassle to take to shows. Load them two on a trailer chain them down, got to show area unload park them return home for a second and some times even a third load. Re do it all to take home. Also almost have to camp all week end with tractors as we have had things stolen off them.

:eyebrownod:  Al
Your not fully dressed with out a smile.

pitw

Great car and I wish you would shoot the tractor part thieves, good practice for hunting season too.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

I've never been much on Buicks. But I am glad you finally scored one you been targeting.
To me Buicks are big, heavy, lethargic, and useless. They are comfortable, I will give them that.
This one looks to be in pretty nice shape too
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

trailtwister

Went and changed the oil yesterday, also installed the new battery. OK I wanted to start it so I did with nary any cranking. Yes I had to take it for a short drive to a parking lot and drive it around for about 15 minute.
Bought  a 10 year vintage plate to put on it at the DMV, cost for the 10 years is 30 dollars, can't beat that with a stick. Of course not legal to drive back and forth to work and even grocery shopping.

:eyebrownod:   Al

jaspr1

NICE! If I as in the market for a Buick, I would want a 1954 Buick "Century"...we had one when I was a Kid, two tone White top,Tan bottom w/Green upholstery....the Sunday picnic drive of the 50's.....lol.....Nice tractors also,Have you ever showed at Aughwick Creek at Shirleysburg? My wife's cousin was big into that..liked Oliver's...me I like Allis Chalmers, we had a couple of different types over the years but my favorite were the AC's...I still can't drive down the road and pass a vintage tractor sitting in the weeds without commenting "I wonder what's wrong,with that one?"...My wife will say "It's BROKE and don't even think about it!!!" LOL

trailtwister

God glad my wife isn't like yours!!!!!!!! We would be driving down the road and my wife would say I think there is a old Massey behind that barn turn around. Turn around as she is digging out the binoculars go back and sure enough it is a old Massey. You better see what model it is and see if it is for sale. You can always use the parts or sell the parts.

Only have showed at Beaver Dam Wisconsin, and around Genesee, Lapeer and St Clair counties Michigan.

We had Allis WD's and WD 45's on the farm after the local Massey dealer ship was sold to a fowl mouth and dad would not have mom go by parts there because of it. Only green tractor I ever liked were Oliver's, Brother in law had a 1850.

:eyebrownod:  Al