• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Went for the warm up.

Started by trailtwister, December 19, 2016, 04:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailtwister

Went out this morning bought a Ariens Sno Tec this morning. Over all a nice looking machine looking at it. $584 and change out the door and they even loaded it on my trailer for me. At home I checked the oil was full I put more gas in it( they only do a quart I was told) Cut the keys off the pull starter made sure the fuel was on and set the choke did the 3 prime pumps and it started first pull. Very throaty rumble from the exhaust. I got it on clean level concrete and adjusted the shoes to 3/4 inch clearance and hit the snow at the edge of the drive. To high of shoe setting and the chute really does suck. All kinds of leakage where the chute hooks to the impeller body. Tilt the deflector and more snow leaking covering the top of the engine and it isn't vibrating off.
Go back to the level concrete and rejust the shoes, I did it at 3/8 of and inch that should work on my gravel drive with out picking up to many stones.

Good things are the impeller lock so you can one hand crank the chute and adjust the deflector. Bad thing is the right hand is free and the crank is on the left side but still reachable. Thing chewed up and threw the end of drive way snow a good 35 feet and maybe more. Even with the pins set so it was two wheel drive it was easy to turn at the end of the run. I am 70 years old and didn't find it hard to turn.

:eyebrownod:  Al
Your not fully dressed with out a smile.

FinsnFur

Ok wait sec...is that a new e-caller?? Got any pics?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com