• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Man I am ready to fish

Started by Troy Walter, February 12, 2008, 05:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy Walter

I didn't think I would ever say this but I am ready for summer.This winter sucks a inch of snow then two inches of snow then its fifty with two inches of rain then its 20 below and now we get more snow.Come 100 so I can say man I will be glad when winter gets here.

Silencer

I'm with ya Troy, I was just lookin at my photobucket dreaming and thinkin how nice it was out when I took this pic

Bopeye

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

THO Game Calls

Hang in there.

Tonight, we had almost 1000 crows in the trees and all over the sky in our neighborhood.   They are a migratory bird, and they usually dont come back until the first of March.  They are three weeks early this year.  Last time they were this early we had an early spring.

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Bob D

Ugh!!!!!! Early spring mean early summer . Not good . That means more 100 degree / 90 plus humidity days to suffer through for me.

Bills Custom Calls

The Farmers Almanac said March will come in like a LION for the Ohio Valley so that must mean it will go out like a lamb.

I would still bet Spring will get here on March 20th

I know Where is Bopeye when you need him
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Coulter

Summer sucks!!! You can't hunt hunt much...trapping is on hold....the wife wants help pulling weeds or telling ya to mow the lawn...etc. etc.

But, now that you mention it...A nice native trout stream down in the mountains with nobody around doesn't sound half bad. Or maybe even a nice paddle through the lagoons with bass rod in hand or maybe take the boy out to catch some bluegills for coon bait...Okay, summer only half sucks :iroll:

Steve

FinsnFur

I'm a winter fan myself......but I have to admit...this is about enough of this sht  :rolleye: We havent had this much snow in, I cant even remember how long
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Ever day above ground is a good one for me.   In the winter I hunt, in the summer I ride my motorcycle.  It's all good.  :wink:

THO Game Calls

Feb 13th - it has now snowed here for 10 of the first 13 days of the month.  I'm putting more gas in the snow blower than I am in the Jeep.

I heard that Madison Wi had 76" of snow already this year.  We had over 4 feet in December, over 2 in January and a good foot and a half this month.

On the plus side, it is now raining.   On top of the 10 inches we got last night.  Supposed to drop down to below 20 tonight.  We'll need ice skates to get anywhere tomorrow.

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Silencer

Not only are your crows early, I've had 2 reports of Robin sightings here in NEPA.  I havent seen them for myself, but I'll take the word of the ladies that have.

ATM, the weather is terrible here !!!

Bills Custom Calls

Yep Robins have been spotted in Ohio also

That is always a good sign

Bob D

Don't get too excited about the Robins cause there are alot of them still here  :shrug:in Alabama along with the blackbirds and starlings. :shrug:

Bills Custom Calls

Hey Bob you can keep the Starlings  :laf:  Just send more Robins

muss

We only need two seasons spring and fall. Go from catching big fish in the spring to hunting and trapping in the fall. They can keep the heat in the summer and the snow and below zero tempatures in the winter.

Troy Walter

Yes, that sounds good to me too.