• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Who! Who! Whos got my MOJO critter!!!

Started by SCcoyotehunter, January 07, 2010, 07:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCcoyotehunter

Alright, well, we had an interesting and very humorous evening, although no coyotes were seen.

We started in a little bottle neck cow pasture, the wind was perfect, and cold. The ground was frozed solid, crunching under every step. We settled in on a fence line grown up with some large cedars. It made an excellent place to hide. We turned on the caller and there wasn't a cow in site and within 5 minutes there were about 2 dozen in a huddle around my caller and decoy. We waited it out but no luck. The cows were very interested though. It was very funny, when the caller would get quiet they would ease up and almost touch it with their noses, bit when you started again thet would flinch like grandma shootin a 10 gauge.

We decided to move and get one more set in before dark. We moved about a 1/4 mile to another field surrounded by cedars and woods. It seemed like a great place too. Nothing, however, right before dark I saw something fly over my head, towards my Mojo critter, it was an Owl!!. CRASH!!!! He tackled that thing like it was 4th and goal. Broke my critter into 3 pieces. He actually got the critter off of the wire and flew about 30 yards with it before realizing there wasn't much to eat there.

We couldn't believe it. I have seen hawks, crows, and owls fly around and look really hard but never had one commit. I gues I will have to do some surgery on the critter, some glue and a little TLC should do it.

David

iahntr

Them cows can be a pain ! I've had em do it with a turkey decoy and my blind before to.
Woulda been pretty cool to watch the owl though  :eyebrownod:,  at least he dropped
it for ya so you can fix it.  :eyebrownod:  and at least the cows didn't stomp your caller.  :eyebrownod:
Scott

FinsnFur

:laf: That woulda been some good footage.
Would have been funny if you were able to make it thrash while he was flying away too. :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

Had a cow come up behind me and sniffed my ear once :huh:. Scared the $hit out of me :noway:. Flat out aint afraid to admit it, made the adrinelin pump, heart thump in my chest, jumped up and started to run type of scared the $hit out of me. :hahaha:

Its funny now!! :roflmao: :roflmao:
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

alscalls

We had a donkey give us some fits once and a few cows have stomped the decoys from time to time.........Nick had an owl do a number on his mojo once.........a couple of times though we have seen a coyote run in and try to take it..........So put that bad boy back together cause it is cool to see that too....... :eyebrownod:  Just remember to shoot..... :laf:

Sometimes its like when your fishing and forget to set the hook....... :roflmao: :roflmao:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

JohnP

David - had a similar incident with a JIB.  We have a family of great horned owls that nest on our property every year.  A few years back mama (I assume) was perched on a limb and had two young ones with her.  I set the JIB in the drive way and turned it on.  The young ones dived at it a few times and missed but we got a laugh out of watching them try.  Mama then took off and picked it up on the first try, dropped it shortly after. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs