• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I had just sighned on to FnF

Started by slagmaker, January 31, 2010, 12:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GunDog

What a hoot this bunch is ... Congrats to you Slag! Well done sir ... CCP the cereal box was a nice touch ...  :eyebrownod:

Bopeye

Prettiest picture I ever saw.  :laf:  You and I gotta be kin somehow Slag.

As far as the story, it was excellent. JRB or someone else would have went and grabbed his camos, faux ameteur, gun and drug the thing out in the field and took 50 hero shots with different poses.  :eyebrownod:
Refreshing to see an honest coyote wacker.  :yoyo: :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

slagmaker

We may be releated. Might have to have a Bop/Slag lookalike contest sometime.  :laf:

Yeah I have to agree with someone fakking the story Bop. Someone else may have done just that. I had a descussion with my cousin about that once and we agreed that there must be a lot of that going on. :wink:

I am trying to figure out if this Coyote counts. I mean I didnt call him in, I wasnt out hunting and come across him. I was enjoying a sunday Morning brunch with my Daughter. We just happened to see him in the yard. :shrug:

What he was doing in the yard at almost noon is beyond me.  I mean I am the last house in a row of homes and he was right here not 20 yards from my back door when we saw him.
:shrug: He was a young feller but he has a beautifull coat on him. Too bad I shattered both front legs when I hit him. got him a little lower than I should have.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

JohnP

Congratulations to ya Slagmaker!  You may want to trying signing off and on more often, while having brunch that is.  Is that a old Rem 788 by chance?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

slagmaker

Nope. That rifle there is a Savage Model 111 in 22-250Rem. It is topped with a High Country "Tasco?" scope that was on it when I purchased it used several years ago. I need to bite the bullet and put better glass on it. I can say this. If I do my part it is a all day tack driver. A new scope would just make it easier to do my part.

By the way. Today was the "first blood" for this rifle, in my hands. Aint shot nothing with it but paper and iron up to this point.

Okanagan

Quote from: slagmaker on January 31, 2010, 11:44:49 PM

I am trying to figure out if this Coyote counts. I mean I didn't call him in, I wasn't out hunting and come across him. I was enjoying a Sunday Morning brunch with my Daughter. We just happened to see him in the yard. :shrug:

You bet he counts!  Way to go. You did good and I dig your camo outfit.

I used to live on a ranch where we would shoot coyotes out the window of our house.   I like to call coyotes, bait them, take them as targets of opportunity (like you did) and I really like to stalk them.    I'm not a purist fly fisherman either.   :wink:

pitw

Nope you can't count him slag :doh2: no more than you can count one that comes by a deer stand, is sitting in your setup location or any other chance encounter. :pout: :pout:  Of course he counts as the bottom line is you shot him :yoyo: :yoyo: and it don't matter that you were using magical/lucky potions and camo of the embarrassing kind or anything else for that matter. :iroll:..    Great story, wonderful picture and the fact that it was a family function makes it super.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Dave

Nice!
How was it that your daughter spotted it?  Were you picking around the bowl, trying to save a few spoonfuls of pure marshmellow charms?

"We had seen it move to the other side of the barn so sneeking up beside the barn I see him about 60 yards away ..."

So we see there was a hunt, and the man chose not to use a call!, even though there may have been a few squeeking noises while getting to the side of the barn.    Well I think that one counts.  Good job!

coyotehunter_1

After this we may need to buy stock in Lucky Charms. :laf:

You went after a coyote in your pj's, in the snow, in your bare feet, with a cold, and in  22*F weather... Yep, I would say it counts.  :wink:

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

5 SHOTS

Have you ever blown on a call anywhere around the house, (including indoors)? If so, maybe you did call him in even if he is slower than me. :eyebrow: :highclap: :biggrin:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

slagmaker

Got a coyote a yipping and barking outside right now.

If I can get rid of a headach I may go calling tonight and  see what happens

vvarmitr

I'm really tickled for ya Buddy!  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Does it count? :doh2:   "L" YEAH!
You shot him & he's dead.
Quit trying to be one of those elitist. :iroll:
:laf:

golfertrout

slag would you care if a few of us come and make a stand around your house?there has to be more yotes then one. we could set up around the four corners of the house :shrug:lol

coyotehunter_1

golfertrout you may have given Slag an idea....

I can see Slag now... setting on his roof top... in his pj's, in the snow, in his bare feet, with a cold, and in  22*F weather.

:roflmao:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

slagmaker

Last night I had one out in the field a yipping away. I grabbed my flash light and shined the field. Got a set of eyes about 150 yards out. They got real close to the house last night. Might be casue luckys carcuse is in the bed of the truck awaiting disposal.

Got Baloo comming over tonight so were gona take ol Lucky a hunting with us so to speak.

Sitting on the roof nah out in the barn, back in the dark. Sitting so I can see the whole valley/wood line. Eating a bowl of cereal.

golfertrout

lol what ever it takes ole lucky :roflmao: