• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bobtailed coyote

Started by Okanagan, February 15, 2010, 03:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

A hunting partner and I quit a lynx stand in old growth spruce because it was getting dusk under the trees and walked 50 yards back to a logging road.  Two animals were on the road 130-140 yards away in the downwind quadrant.  I saw the rump of this one and thought they were lynx coming to the call, then we realized they were canines.  I flopped down over my pack in the snow and shot the nearer one at 129 yards.

He has the thickest ruff of long silky fur around his neck that I've ever seen, and his tail stub looks like a fairly recent cut. 
My guess is that they were coming to the call. What are the odds of a bob-tailed coyote coming to a stand intended for lynx?  Maybe it is due to mind power of mental imaging about short tailed critters.

Silencer

sure does have some thick fur on it, congrats on the bobtail  :congrats: :yoyo:

KySongDog

Congrats on the bobyote!   :eyebrownod:   Interesting pic.  I wonder how that happened.   :wo:

Hawks Feather

You know that the hair from the tail had to go somewhere and he probably wanted a little extra layer around his neck since it is winter.   :huh:

Jerry

golfertrout

might have been big daddie biting his tail :shrug:

HaMeR

That is one nicely furred up coyote.  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

JohnP

Some of the things you see in the wilds never cease to amaze me.  How in the heck did that happen??
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

pitw

I can't tell about that one but I've taken the tails off coyotes with a swather :wink:.  I'd guess that critter should have remembered the old saying "Don't stick your tail where you wouldn't put your[unit you guys all like to show women]".  I missed that one myself kinda/sorta. :doh2:
I say what I think not think what I say.