• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Ran the Yote dawgs this weekend.

Started by Duban, February 21, 2010, 04:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duban

Friday night :called up my buddy asked if i can run the dogs with him this weekend... he said yes ill pick yah up saturday mornin at 630

Saturday morning: 630 comes around we head to our buddies house to get the dogs... get the the fresh track at about 830 with one hound.... about 11 mintues later... BOOM... one of my buddies got a mangy lookin yote.. we set out for another fresh track with two hound.. ran that other track for couple hours nothing...

Sunday morning: get picked up at 630 once again. get to the hound house and get 2 hounds in the dog box and head out. get to the fresh track at 730 set one hound out... couple hours pass and still no shots. hoped on the truck and drove around figurin out where the hound was... set out in the path they might take and they circle... now we hunt with about 10 guys soo guys are coverin everywhere ... soo i set up on another spot... get called up on the radio... told to drive the truck down the road and figure some more stuf out... its about 130 now( no lunch breaks) get to another spot and im just a few minutes behind the dog.. soo we sit and try to figure some stuff out.. to get to the chase (literally) at about 230 my bud tells me to RUN up the hill to cut the chase just a couple seconds behind the yote but i see the dog.. soo i stay there because they been through there numerous times... i listen at the hound.. its now about a mile away soo they were runnin hot.. sounded to me like the hound had the yote bayyed... sooo i wait i tell everyone im headin in to kill the freaken thing.. they tell me be carefull and what not... one main thing said lots of times was DONT SHOOT THE HOUND.. soo i had that runinn through my head the whole way... i walked that mile pretty quick..i get about 75 yards away and the adrenaline rush starts up.. i walked up this steep hill and i see the dog head first in this rock cave.. sooo i get all readyy to get the lead out i get right next to the dog and i look in the cave... couldnt see nothin... holler the dog back soo i can see better.. look down in there and im face to face with this yote... it got eye contact i jumped back and and got ready for it to come out towards me.. its runs out the back door of the cave... i holler the dog back again.. jump on the rack see the yote... BOOM first shot hit but not kill.. it whips around and trys to get to the cave again BOOM... i didnt know if i hit or not now cause im on my butt. that 3 1/2 00 buck shot is like a canon. i get up and see the dog by the yote... i holler on the radio Dog down dog down.. the first thing asked did you hit the hound... hahah..its now 330  soo i grab the yote and treck back.... i tell you what my adrenline was arunnin... my computers too slow soo ill upload the two vids and the pics this weekend while im at my dads.. its my first yote ever killed.... WOOOHOOO!!!

Silencer

proud of ya boy !!  wish I could have seen the look on yer face when you two were staring each other down   :laf:     

Cant wait to see the pics come friday night !!!     

CONGRATS KIDDO !!!    :yahoo: :thumb2:

HaMeR

Sweet!! And Thanks for taking us along!! You done real good!! Congratulations!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Duban

thanks.. the situation keeps flowin through my head like it was a video

DevonD

Nice job dude  :yahoo:

I bet you those other guys were woried if you shot the hound.  :roflmao:

Agian nice job on that first yote.

Silencer

I'm gonna blow ya up a pic to hang in the living room.   Just printed out the story and handing it out at work lol...

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

I've run dogs with a groups here a couple times. It can get pretty interesting.

Thanks for sharing that story and congrats on the fur down. :yoyo:
Looking forward to the pics.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vvarmitr

pitw

Feel proud you deserve too :yoyo: :yoyo:.  Excellent story and I really wish I'd been there to share it with you but you made a great post so I was there anyway :wink:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

Great job on the story.  I have to admit that I saw the post yesterday and skipped it thinking that you were calling the coyotes - dogs.  I am one of the few that don't think of coyotes as dogs even though I know they are related.  More the ugly step relatives to dogs.  Anyway, hunting with hounds is a whole different situation.  I have read some of the stories of greyhounds and other speed dogs being used where there are open lands and some of the trailing hounds where there isn't any open areas.  It sure sounds like fun.

Jerry

Duban

Thanks guys.... i bragged it out all day today... Jerry we use trail dogs and drive around and try to get ahead of the yote... its a heck of a time... id much rather do both calling or run the hounds its all fun...