• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

The FnF Spring 2010 Wild Turkey Photo Contest

Started by coyotehunter_1, March 10, 2010, 09:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyotehunter_1

The FnF Spring 2010 Wild Turkey Photo Contest

This year the contest will run from: March 13 â€" June 1, 2010.

We’re going to have two categories again, one for the biggest Turkey and one for the best photographed Hero Shot. Plus we are also having a special youth turkey contest for members UNDER 16 years old.

THIS THREAD IS FOR BEST TURKEY PHOTO ONLY.

Best Photograph

We’re looking for the ultimate Hero Shot, be creative. We’re going be looking for some serious awe factor here. Sunsets, natural settings, etc. We’re talking desktop wall paper.
This part of the contest will be judged by the members in the form of a poll/vote.
After the contest deadline we will allow seven (7) days for the poll/vote to run so every member (Reg status or above) gets a chance to vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To enter:

* All participants must be Sixteen (16) years of age or older and be of Reg Member status by the end of the contest. That means 25 posts under your belt to be eligible or to vote.

* All entries MUST be posted in this thread.

* All submitted photos must have something in the picture that says Fins and Fur and the date taken. Write it on your shirt, your forehead, write it in the dirt, on a piece of paper...it doesn't matter but it must be in the picture.

* To avoid confusion: Only one (1) Wild Turkey can be entered per person.

* One person cannot win both the Biggest Turkey and Best Turkey Photo categories so please choose which one you want to enter. Best photo will be voted on by our members. The biggest Turkey will pretty much be self decisive by the measurements.

Remember to enter you must make a post in this thread with a picture.

The winner of this category will receive a $75 gift card for Cabelas

~And~

A Browning Hunting Heritage Collection Limited Edition Turkey knife donated by FOsteology.
Blade is made out of AUS-8A stainless steel. Handle out of nickel silver and exotic hardwoods. Has a turkey medallion inlaid in the handle and includes an engraved display box and collectors' lithograph.

~Plus~

One (1) custom slate turkey call w/ striker  
donated by Coulter (Steve) @ North Bay Game Calls.
These calls are examples of Steve's work:

A special thanks to all that donated prizes for the contests and those that entered for your participation.

Have fun and good hunting from the FnF staff.
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

kyfuzzyface

OK this is the only picture that I took due to having no one around,  and no timer on my camera I had to hold the camera and (well You know)
I wasn't going to enter this but sence nobody else has, so far I might have a chance  :rolleye:
I truly would like the knife and the call but have decieded if I win I will donate the Cabales card to the door prize at the LBL hunt
I did fill my tags the last day but was about the same size as this one

Now everyone can have a BIG LAUGH at my HERO PICTURE  :eyebrownod:  :laf:

Fuzzy

pitw

:alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:

Works for me. :laf: :laf:   Glad you got the bird.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do KY :laf:
Congrats on the bird none the less :yoyo: It's a lot better then mine :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

shaddragger

Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

KySongDog

Since I am pretty much toast in the big bird contest (and if I read the rules right)  I'll submit my desk top quailty wall paper hero shot for the photo contest.   :biggrin:

FinsnFur

It's not quite June 1st yet, but Semp that is a nice desktop photo :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyotehunter_1

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.