• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Does this cat make me look fat? (story added)

Started by Okanagan, February 18, 2010, 12:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huntinfool

Very nice tabby! One of my goals is to get a bobcat and one couldn't do better than that!

And the tale ain't sketchy no more Thanks!

~HF~
Yesterday is Wood
Tomorrow is Ashes
Only Today Does the
Fire Burn Brightly

Romans 8:28

Montani Semper Liberi --- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛÎ'Î'Ε

coyote101

Way to go!  :yoyo: :yoyo: Great story and pictures. I like the camo screen.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

kyfuzzyface

Good story and nice cat  :yoyo:
Congrats :highclap: :highclap:
I hope to get one someday
Fuzzy

Okanagan

Quote from: coyote101 on February 19, 2010, 05:38:16 AM
Way to go!  :yoyo: :yoyo: Great story and pictures. I like the camo screen.

Pat

Thanks for the compliments.

That white cloth screen is thin synthetic material from a Wal-Mart fabric section. Synthetic doesn't absorb water like cotton and is super compact and lightweight.  Think wedding dress or opaque lingerie material!   :biggrin:  It is 9 feet long and 48 (60?)  inches wide, and wads to the size of a softball in my daypack.  I have a one like it in woodland camo made of thin ripstop nylon from the same fabric dept.  I keep both in my daypack and decide which screen to use depending on the spot where I sit, snow or no snow, and sometimes drape a mix of both.  It is quick if there are any bushes or trees, etc.   I bought a commercial screen for hunters one time but it is way more bulky. 

If I was buying again I'd get 4 linear yards rather than 3.  I considered making grommet holes to tie it in place but the clothes pins have worked well.  I melted the end edges with a soldering iron to keep it from fraying.

The last thing some cats and coyotes have seen is a rifle barrel poking up over the edge of that screen. Some never notice that movement. It hides hand movements , especially when using a remote, and the only thing visible above the edge is from my eyes to the top of my head.  

pitw

I use much the same thing except I use burlap and paint it either white or kinda/sort camo.  I thread a strong cord along one long side that I can tie off to trees or whatever to keep it tight.  The string also hangs on branch's or barbwire fences to help keep it up.  Like you say they don't see any movement and I've had coyotes actually come and peer over the top at me :laf: :laf:.  Great way to keep movement from being spotted and has absolutely nothing to do with electronics.  Another thing that has happened with it is deer[usually bucks] will see it on a fence and they must think it is another deer cause I've had them come a few hundred yards to check it out :biggrin:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Okanagan

Quote from: pitw on February 19, 2010, 09:56:53 AM
I use much the same thing except I use burlap and paint it either white or kinda/sort camo.  I thread a strong cord along one long side that I can tie off to trees or whatever to keep it tight.  The string also hangs on branch's or barbwire fences to help keep it up.  Like you say they don't see any movement and I've had coyotes actually come and peer over the top at me :laf: :laf:.  Great way to keep movement from being spotted and has absolutely nothing to do with electronics.  Another thing that has happened with it is deer[usually bucks] will see it on a fence and they must think it is another deer cause I've had them come a few hundred yards to check it out :biggrin:.

Great minds....  !!   :yoyo:

I've used the bare ground camo one for rattling whitetails, always in timber.    I need to loosen up a bit and get out in the open more!

possumal

Good story, good pictures of a nice bobcat. Thanks for sharing. Love those bobcats! :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Okanagan

Quote from: golfertrout on February 18, 2010, 02:44:25 PM
:yoyo: and yes you still look fat :roflmao: but not as fat as me :hahaha:

Man, golfertrout, you just flunked Femininity 101!     :nofgr: :nofgr: :nofgr:  

vvarmitr

Quote from: Okanagan on February 19, 2010, 09:42:58 AM
If I was buying again I'd get 4 linear yards rather than 3.
Are you planning on getting fatter?
:roflmao:

Great story & pix! :thumb2:

JohnP

Very nice spotted cat and yeah he does make you "seem" a bit heavier :wink:
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Frogman

I liked the story and detailed pics!!

Thanks!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Duban

Okanagan

Thank you.  It is nice country, but not a lot of game in it, especially in winter.  Here's a big view picture of the same area.  I think I took this photo a week after we got the bobcat in this thread.  The bobcat came from the valley that crosses left to right near the bottom of the photo, about two miles to the right of this picture.

Huntinfool

Yesterday is Wood
Tomorrow is Ashes
Only Today Does the
Fire Burn Brightly

Romans 8:28

Montani Semper Liberi --- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛÎ'Î'Ε

alphadog

Good Story and also graphics.  Nice cat and thanks for sharing.   :highclap: