• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Coyote runs amuck in New York City

Started by KySongDog, March 29, 2010, 11:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

Any body else see this?  It takes 20 NYPD cops to corral one coyote.   :laf:

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/bizarre&id=7348596

TRIBECA (WABC) -- The coyote stalking the city was cornered in an outdoor parking lot in TriBeCa.

The coyote was spotted walking the bike path along the West Side Highway, south of the Holland Tunnel, just before 11 a.m.

Police were accompanying the coyote, which was walking in the bike path along Hudson River Park.

They followed the coyote into an outdoor parking lot, near Watts Street.

Members of the NYPD's elite Emergency Services Unit tranquilized the coyote and pulled it out from under a red car in the parking garage

It was placed into an animal carrier, and taken to the ESU vehicle.

The sighting was not far from where the coyote was seen and lost by police yesterday afternoon.

This was the fourth coyote sighting in New York City over the last few weeks.

This one was first spotted coming out of the Holland Tunnel on Wednesday afternoon, according to people using Twitter who witnessed police chasing the coyote.

The Port Authority could not confirm if the coyote was actually in the tunnel.

The coyote was seen again later at Warren and Greenwich Streets, heading south on Varick Street and on Thomas Street.

That's where Eyewitness News spotted police surrounding the coyote in TriBeCa, but the animal ran off yet again.

Earlier this month, a coyote was spotted in Chelsea around West 24th Street and 12th Avenue.

Just last month, students and residents reported sighting of three coyotes on Columbia University's campus.

pitw

According to these statistics I'd have to say that the administration down there only has to ban coyote hunting in order to put your country back to work  :confused:.  Too easy and it would only effect such a minor amount of people who could easily become squad leaders in the chase of the elusive critters  :wo:

FnCountry  :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

Let me think about this.  The coyote being there was Bush's fault.

Jerry

Todd Rahm

Shoot give them time and it will be a racial, spitting, death threat coyote that the GOP planet there too.  :confused:  :iroll: