• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

LBL is on fire!

Started by Palegroe, April 02, 2010, 10:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palegroe

They didn't say alot.  But they did say LBL is on fire and they are hoping the smoke doesn't get so bad that they have to shut the road down it was on Channel 14 news for just a second.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with Him.  Rev 6:8

Palegroe

I knew they were talking about a controled burn of 3000 acres and was waiting for the right time guess its here.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with Him.  Rev 6:8

FinsnFur

They wouldnt be trying to burn off dead areas like a lot of people do would they?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Palegroe

FinsnFur

Yeah, it's a prescribed burn.
It'll probably help quite a bit. Especially with all the damage the place took during that ice storm. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

That thread title got me all worried.  :nono: 

I got drawn for the early quota hunt for April 8 & 9 and thought, "Great, now the place burnt up. There goes my hunt!"

But I now see that the controlled burn is in Tennessee.  I'll be in the KY portion.

Jimmie in Ky

They had several p[lanned for this year Semp, both in Ky and Tenn. Once they get  over  what they intend to they will start over again in areas they have burned in the last few years.Most of the area around the elk and bison prairie is meant to be a woodlands grassland as they calll it. So you can expect this to continue for several years to come and every two or three years dependin on the area they are working on.  I am glad they are going back to the way nature controled scrub and grass fields. Jimmie

pitw

Not a stupid question as I don't know the answer  :innocentwhistle:
  Does the fire kill them beautiful hardwoods like it would our aspens up here?  I'd sure hate to see that :sad:.  Up here if you burn in the bush it kills the trees and then all you have is a forest of new growth that Peter can't get through.
I say what I think not think what I say.