• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

A nice suprise

Started by Tikaani, May 03, 2010, 10:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikaani

I got off work today, did my usual chore and hauled a load of water up to the house and stopped at the mail box to pick up the usual assortment of crap and bills.  There, inside, was a box from someone I had neglected to call in sometime.  After unloading the water into the holding tank, feeding the dogs and some other quick chores I opened the box to find these two wonderful calls.  The one is made from moose antler sent to Dave (huntncarve) last year to make the call that was auctioned for FnF.  It is adorned with Bloodwood and Blackwood with a delrin toneboard.  The other is from Pennsylvanian hard Maple.  In my rush to find something to photograph them I figured what better backround then the pelt of the first wolf I ever trapped.  Dave I cannot thank you enough for your generosity, my door here in the the "Greatland" of Alaska is always open.

Hunt hard, Die tired

John

Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

iahntr

Good lookin calls !  :yoyo:   :congrats:
Scott

Hawks Feather

You are a lucky (and well deserving) man to have those calls.  Wolf looks like a good call holder.

Jerry

pitw

Yes I'd say that was a nice surprise  :bowingsmilie:.  Dave makes a [L] ofa aa call and you deserve them so I guess your good to go  :biggrin:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

GunDog

Some more good looking calls for sure John. Hats off to the call maker! When ya get time - a picture of the pelt layed out would be nice to ....... grin

weedwalker

That moose antler is a beautiful looking call John.  :yoyo: I stopped by Dave's last week and he showed it to me before he sent it out.

Ed

FinsnFur

Very sharp, and virtually priceless made with your Alaskan antler. :wink: Dave's got an unmatched way of bringing things like that to life.

Beautiful work Dave, and you deserve it John.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

You've got to love those antler calls. Very nice work indeed.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

JohnP

Yes he does great work.  What's nice about his calls is that not only do they look good but they call in critters! 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

KySongDog

I know you will get the chance to put them to use, John.  Great looking calls for sure.   :congrats:

Bopeye

VERY Sweet!!! That Dave is a class act.  :eyebrownod:

When I got to meet him last year I had but one thing that bugged me. I wished he lived closer so we could put some fur down together.  :wink:

Way to go John.  :highclap:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free