• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Beer Review: Spaten Optimator

Started by AWMiller, February 24, 2011, 11:04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AWMiller

Brew: Spaten Optimator

Brewed by: Spaten-Franziskaner-Bräu, Germany

Style: Dopplebock

Glassware: Best served in a pilsner glass or beer mug.  Although I don't mind mine in a goblet from time to time!!

Personal Notes:
What an awesome German dopplebock!!  Once poured I knew I was in for a treat when I gazed upon that deep, DEEP dark brown/near black delicious body!  Taste and smell are dazzled by a grand balance between malt and hops; not too bitter and not too sweet.  The body is good and thick; I like to tease folks by saying it's "thick but not too chewy!"  I think it's time to go back and enjoy a few more!

Todd Rahm

Sounds like my kinda beer. I'll have to see if I can find it locally here.

I picked up a Cowboy Coffee brewed in Montana that was perty good this week. The caps have little sayings under them. One said "Sheep Boots and Velcro Gloves"  :alscalls:

bigben

now your talking.  :bowingsmilie: if you can get it try troegenator made right here in pa.  very good dopplebock.  I love me some good malty beers.  stouts, porters, bocks, dopplebocks, wiezenbocks, scottish ales, and oktoberfests.  mmm.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

vvarmitr

Quote from: AWMiller on February 24, 2011, 11:04:52 AM
I like to tease folks by saying it's "thick but not too chewy!" 
:laf: :laf: :laf:

I haven't noticed it to try it, but if I find it I will!  :eyebrow:

bigben

maybe we ought to have a master "BEER thread"  LOL. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

AWMiller

Quote from: bigben on February 25, 2011, 10:29:19 AM
maybe we ought to have a master "BEER thread"  LOL.

you know I'd be filling it up with my threads!   :yoyo:

vvarmitr

Quote from: AWMiller on February 25, 2011, 12:46:51 PM
you know I'd be filling it up with my threads!   :yoyo:
That would just break my heart.  :iroll:
:laf: