• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Nasty

Started by pitw, July 12, 2010, 08:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

Been tornado warnings from this baby all afternoon.  Going by to the North of me now. :whew:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

That is CRAZY looking!

I've never seen a tornado in real life before and god help me I never want to. But that picture reminds me of something my daughter and I drove through a while back with that ceiling shelf like that.
15 minutes after we passed under it, a tornado went through there and we watched it on the news. :sad3:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Very cool !  I don't like the damage that storms and tornado's can do, but I gotta admit I love bad weather.
I grew up in a small town and the "early warning system" back then consisted of men from the Fire Dept.
going a few miles outside of town in each direction spotting. My Dad was Fire Chief for many years and I remember
going out with him many times before. I've had a few close calls with tornado's before. My wife used to get pissed
at me when the sirens would go off and I'd be out in the yard tryin to see what was goin on.  :eyebrownod: Or if it
was a few miles from town I'd grab the camcorder and take off.  :biggrin: I like watchin those tornado chaser shows,
I think that'd be a blast ! I really like watchin the change in those clouds.
Thanks for postin that Barry, and glad it didn't do any damage to ya !
Scott

vayotehowler

i love storms too. try to foto lightning and have a few good shots too. took off one nite trying to get ahed storm N ENDED in wva , one time ended up 60 mles away at 200am.  Had a tornado waning at work one time and I was pressed against glass lookin for it . My boss(female) totally freakin at screamin at me. I told jer look I used to be in the coastguard and when things get wirey is when i turn on , she wasnt impressed, wicked looking stormthere

FinsnFur

Quote from: iahntr on July 12, 2010, 08:56:59 PM
I grew up in a small town and the "early warning system" back then consisted of men from the Fire Dept.

THAT...still is our warning system! :shock2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

No thank you. We've had 3 tornados come straight through here in the last decade. No more.  :nofgr:

My parents lost their house in one about 5 or 6 years ago and we had 5 people killed that I knew. That's plenty.

Awesome pics though.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

shaddragger

Glad everybody is OK but Momma Nature's power is still amazing to watch !
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

pitw

That cloud spawned two tornadoes.  One west of me 46 miles[not far from where I fixed the KW] and one North East 40 miles.
  Neither hit any property that mattered though :biggrin:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Jeb

Those are beautiful shots bud !!!  This afternoon i was taking pics of storm clouds moving in. Ive got alot of pics to download and post up. Got a few lightning shots from a few weeks back to post aswell. Thanks for sharing these photos.
                                Jeb

JohnP

Good pictures - bad results.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs