• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

need help- photography question

Started by bambam, October 03, 2010, 05:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bambam

I am hoping some of you photograhy experts can help me out here. I have had this lens for several years - got it in a box with some other stuff I bought and forgot about it until recently.

It is an Apollo MC TV lens,  1:1.6  18-108 mm   No. 780619. About 6 inches long and 3 inches in diameter. I assume it is some sort of telephoto lens. Can anyone give me any more info on it ? Thanks in advance.

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

bambam

Quote from: pitw on October 03, 2010, 05:40:31 PM
Does it look like this one?

That's the one. Have you been spying on me ?  :confused: :confused: :shrug: :shrug: :laf: :laf:

slagmaker

It is a lens for a video camera.. Yes it is a telephoto lens, that is the 18-108mm.  That is about all I can tell you about it at this moment. I am not that up on video lenses but I can see what I can find out for ya.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

bambam

Thanks slagmaker, I really appreciate it.

FinsnFur

:alscalls: :nono: Wouldn't you think that since Barry posted a picture of one he already knew about it.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Quote from: FinsnFur on October 03, 2010, 10:05:54 PM
:alscalls: :nono: Wouldn't you think that since Barry posted a picture of one he already knew about it.

The knot head asked me in an email like I might know something :doh2:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

slagmaker

you need anymore info for this thing

bambam

Quote from: slagmaker on October 13, 2010, 11:41:48 AM
you need anymore info for this thing

I'd appreciate any info you have on it. Does it just work on video cameras, or regular cameras too ? About what is it worth. It looks like it's in really good condition. Thanks.

slagmaker

Only thing it will work on is a video camera. :readthis: Not only that but it is brand specific. Most likley an apollo camera but it may be for another brand. I belive it is a "T" mount so it should have a few that it will fit. As for what its worth.. :shrug:. that depends on the market. To the right buyer it may be about the price of a new Savage :wo:. To the wrong buyer :noway: you got yourself a nice paper weight. I did a search on B&H's web sight www.bhphotovideo.com and didnt find anything like this lens but my internet is slow so you may want to try. :shrug:You might post it on e-bay if you dont find anything there.

bambam

Thanks a lot for all your help slagmaker, I'll check out that site. Thanks !!!!