• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

the 8ft deer best hunter worst killer pt 2

Started by vayotehowler, November 24, 2010, 02:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vayotehowler

After the shot , I go look for blood just in case gotta hit on him. no blood . So i settle back in to the same spot . about an hour goes by and hear deer move ment again and look up the ridge and see 4 does right above me . about 125yds, use the deadfall as a rest ( no repeats) , Forgot it was a forked 9-12" buck that was behind me . Look up the ridge and all I can see is saplings and no clear shots there is a saddle up there and thought they went up that little trail. so decide to put a stalk on them.  Move up to that little saddle and no sign of em .  the wind is now to my face blowin left to right and they are coming from the left so never winded me jsut changed direction, I figured the moved up the mountain so walk back down to the original spot , about 90 yds of the 110 down here shwweeew shweeew sheww, and see the 4 does break rank and run back out. went down to my spot and they were coming directly to me if would have stayed put, they were directly in line to me  50-55yds if woulda stayed put. :doh2: :madd: :huh: :confused: :shrug: :rolleye:. Now i can get to see deer and I hunt from the ground  really 8ft???  :argh:wtf, The does back in line w me wtf :argh: :argh:. and that is when I decided need to get my car inspected I am going home.
now noramlly forked gets a pass but no meat in the freezer yet and been at it hard. and that is the story of the worlds best hunter because i can find em and the story of he worlds worst killer.   LEMME HAVE IT I opened myself up to it :laf: :rolleye:

FinsnFur

:laf: Well they do call it "Hunting" for a reason.
But that was kinda enjoyable to read LOL
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vayotehowler

I was thinking a little long but know everyone enjoys the details here . I wa thinking of writing BIll jordan as a testimony to workings of realtree ap . and try to get a quailty hunt on tv , but I an the worst killer ever so wouldnt ork out anyway

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

Getting out is most of the fun....... A lot of folks claim to be too busy.....Or too tired..... You went.... that counts for a good time in my book.  :wink:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Carolina Coyote

Very good reading( amusing )  :nono: , Hunting on the ground is tough, hard to stay concealed, may need to get an AK-47 so you can get more shot off. cc   :biggrin: :eyebrownod:

Bills Custom Calls

CC Not to argue with ya but I have never hunted from a tree stand wouldn't even know how to set one up I have always hunted from the ground and never used a ground blind either.It just seems so easy to walk out and stand or sit in a spot today and the next time ya go hunting move to a different spot and not worry about having your tree stand turned just right.I think it is just the best kind of hunting

If you can call a coyote in and shoot it while standing on the ground you can certainly call a deer into range
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

vayotehowler

something to be said for a stand but I have been busted on them too. makes it a little easier to see movement elevated , and some diff shot angle. ALs has been a good season even without a kill , just hard to get up when work all the time and take u day off and not produce.  I havent killed one in 3 yrs , partially because been hot and partially because of luck

Carolina Coyote

Bill, Everyone has his own way of hunting that he likes best, With over 40 years of Deer hunting experience I have done it all, Ground Hunting , Slip Hunting , Tree stand Hunting, Elevated Stand , Man Drives, you name it, now days at 69 years old and being a Horn Hunter the Elevated Stand is the method of choice, never a problem to kill a deer to fill the freezer, getting the Big Horns is another story, if you hunted down where I hunt I think you would probably change your opinion about he best way and consider the safest way with all the Belly crawlers we have slithering around, they can make you have a bad day in a split second, and Yes they are out during Hunting season, plus with it so dry the leaves and sticks on the ground makes it impossible to slip into a Stand in the woods, I am very fortunate to be able to hunt the way I do now and to see the amount of Wild Game I see, it has been many years since I have not been able to kill a Deer pretty much when I wanted to. To read some of the stories about other people's hunts and their problems is sometimes very amusing not from the fact they had some kind of problem but it reminds me of some of the many times similar things have happen to me, I am not sure there is a BEST way to hunt, its just the way a person likes to Hunt, the main thing to me is to get out and enjoy the out doors doing what you love to do. To me there is really no argument . cc

vayotehowler

i had a buddy that couldnt sit a stand all day and after about 45 min would go hunting them and would always jump shoot em, they would pop off the bed drop the sites on em , and they were down , did it almost every year that way, . I just dont react  fast enuff. I agree with Carl , no right way to do it just do it . I also understand BILL , jsut stating what worked for him.