• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

My Christmas eve Cinnamon Boar!

Started by WldWldWest, December 24, 2010, 10:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WldWldWest

Well.....Okay its a Fox squirrel not a bear. But trust me, Its a predator! The Ole guy that let's me hunt his place has been tormented by said predator for the last few months. Its managed to cost him some coins as well by chewing the wires and serpintine belts off of his and his grandaughters car! He even started parking his car in the barn which is a good 150yds from his house to keep this big bad Boar in check! He's been after me and my son to kill this squirrel for a while now and to be honest I've had a few chances but only while we were deer huntin and I hate to ruin a good deer hunt so we just laughed it off and didnt pay him much attention! Till today, I was sitting in my shooting house with my Suppressed 308 AR and big red decided to run across the field to a very old small cemetery that has a lot of big trees in it sitting in the middle of the hay field and it was about 11am and I hadnt seen any deer so I said what the heck, If he give's me a shot I'm gonna spank em! As he got close to the cemetery a Red tail hawk in behind me somewhere whistled and the squirrel stood up giving me a good shot but by the time I got on him he had already started running again. Unsure of the yardage I lasered him to be about 232yds and dialed up the dope on the scope and the next time the Hawk did his thing I did mine! Man did he have a bad day! I just Impressed the hell out of myself making that shot so I decided to share it with yall! (I may get spanked myself for posting it here instead of the small game section) Anyway, I usually buy Mr. Gibson something for Christmas but for a good reason I just havent had the spirit this year, Anyway I took the squirrel to him and told him the story and he was really tickled and told me that was the best gift he coulda asked for!

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

weedwalker

WTG Doug!!! :congrats: That dangerous game huntin' takes a special breed. You Da Man. :yoyo:

Hawks Feather

FinsnFur

mannnnnnn it looks like that thing got a hot mustard bath!

Nice story to boot, and geeeez I love the looks of that gun :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

securpro

:congrats: What a beast ! You prolly coulda got a cleaner kill with a s  :biggrin:lightly larger caliber though
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

KySongDog

I hate to rain on the parade but I thought it was illegal to hunt squirrels with center fire rifles.   :shrug:

weedwalker

Quote from: Semp on December 25, 2010, 06:04:43 AM
I hate to rain on the parade but I thought it was illegal to hunt squirrels with center fire rifles.   :shrug:

He ain't in Ky

KySongDog

Quote from: weedwalker on December 25, 2010, 09:02:40 AM
Quote from: Semp on December 25, 2010, 06:04:43 AM
I hate to rain on the parade but I thought it was illegal to hunt squirrels with center fire rifles.   :shrug:

He ain't in Ky

I didn't say he was in KY.  But I think it is illegal in TN too.   :biggrin:

WldWldWest

1 Shot Al, I wouldnt have bragged if it had taken more!

Not sure Semp, Guess I shoulda checked first :shrug:

Wonder if I could get a predation permit since he was a menace to the farmers livelihood? :readthis:

!

pitw

Quote from: WldWldWest on December 25, 2010, 11:04:53 AM

Wonder if I could get a predation permit since he was a menace to the farmers livelihood? :readthis:

You'd be amazed at how well that works for me up here :eyebrow:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

CCP

QuoteI hate to rain on the parade but I thought it was illegal to hunt squirrels with center fire rifles. 

He wasn't hunting squirrels he was shooting them.   :innocentwhistle:

Good shot with that little pea shooter Doug.  :congrats:

Quote1 Shot Al, I wouldnt have bragged if it had taken more!

Dont worry Doug Al was thinking of his own squirrel hunt shooting past 20 yards.  :laf:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

alscalls

I was just imagining ....... This..... >>>  Belly crawl 4oo yds....... Threw three hand gernades...... Shot it out for 30 min. ........ Hand to hand for ten min....... Then took him with my .45       :laf: :laf:
AL

WldWldWest

Why Al???? Why would you waste a perfectly good Grenade when ya shoot as well as I do? :confused: :shrug:

I wouldnt mind the H2H but someone would have to tape his mouth shut :eyebrownod:

!

weedwalker

Quote from: WldWldWest on December 25, 2010, 01:32:24 PM
I wouldnt mind the H2H but someone would have to tape his mouth shut :eyebrownod:

It would probably be a good idea to tape your pant legs shut too. :innocentwhistle:

alscalls

Why Al???? Why would you waste a perfectly good Grenade when ya shoot as well as I do? :confused: :shrug:

:alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:    Answer: Cause grenades are fun to waste...... :biggrin:
AL

Yotehntr

:confused: .....   Thought you were talking about with the squirrel before you said this.... then I realized it was Al...    :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Frogman

WWW,
I'm surprised there is that much left of that squirrel after being shot with a .308.  Good shooting!  That a really nice looking rig you have there.  I would really like to get my AR .223 suppressed??  Just can't quite afford it right now?

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!