• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Been away from here for awhile

Started by Tikaani, December 26, 2010, 05:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikaani

Well between work, hunting and an emergency visit to the lower 48 I have not really been around here much.  Will try and catch up with some of the posts.  Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.  Winter caribou hunt is on hold up here, they are bunched up near a road so Fish and Game is waiting for them to disperse so it is not a slaughter.  Semp, Dave, Barry, Scott, James and Todd, I will send all of you some IMs this week as I have some time, sorry I have not kept in touch.

My daughter got married this summer, as some of you know I work with my now Son-in-Law.  We finally got some of the pictures back on disk so I thought I would share a few photos. 

This Spring I had a custom recurve bow made, the gentleman who made it want the money just for materials as long as he had free riegn on design and wood choice.  I had no problem with that I just got the bow and I have no regrets.  Now I just have to learn how to use it.

Other than that I keep my birds fed during the cold winter days, we have been in the -25 to -40 area for over two weeks now.

Red Poll

Chick-a-Dees

Well other than hauling my water, heating oil, splitting wood and all the other stuff we are keeping warm and waiting for Spring in five months.

John

Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

alscalls

Glad to see yer still kickin John....... I hope ya had a good Christmas and Happy New year to you and your family......
Stay warm.......
That Bow looks AWESOME!!!!!!
And Congrats to the young couple!!!!  :congrats:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

HuntnCarve

Looks like your life has been pretty busy John.  My congrats to the young couple.  Looks like Winter has it's hold on Alaska.  Good to see you back.

Dave

Bopeye

Good to see you back John. Wondered where you were hiding. Love the pictures. The bow is beyond fantastic. Very nice design. Stay warm and talk to you soon.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Hawks Feather

Nice looking bow, but better looking wedding. 

Stay warm,

Jerry

KySongDog

Great to hear from you again, John.   Those pics look great.  Congrats to your daughter and new son in law.   

That bow is especially nice.  What draw weight?

FinsnFur

Wow...you clean up pretty nice John :congrats: :laf:

Good to see your still getting along.
Congrats on the new son in law. Tell him he is to treat her with the utmost respect...you know a LOT of people. :innocentwhistle:

24 below...oh yah! :jump:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Excellent looking family you got there John,  I really like the Chickadee  :laf: :laf:.   Have been a might worried about you cause of your tendency to wander off on them 200 mile ride abouts on a Canadian built sled :wink:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Tikaani

It is good to be back, thanks for all the comments, get a good look at that outfit, that's a once in a life time event.  At least until the younger one gets married. 

Semp it draws 50 pounds at 29" and is made of Honduran Rosewood and African Zebrawood.

Barry, I trust that Canadian sled with my life, it has never let me down and always starts even at -40.

Again guys, good to be back without all the distractions.
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

Todd Rahm

Welcome back stranger!!!  :wink:

Looks like ya have hat trick there...

...beautiful family ( Congrats to you and the daughter by the way)

...beautiful bow, actually smoke'n bow.  :bowingsmilie: Kudos to the maker!

...beautiful pictures if the birds. Love the one where he I'd flapping his wings a bit!

Hope all went well in the lower 48 excursion and it's nice to have ya back.

coyote101

Welcome back John. I hope you and the family had a Merry Christmas. Congratulations to the new young couple.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HaMeR

Welcome back John!! Congratulations to everybody & those are some nice pics. That bow is very very nice & I look forward to seeing some harvested critters next to it.   :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

patriotson

:readthis: :readthis: my dads a pro at bows like that :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod: ...he could see a target 200 ft away and hit it on the first try :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:

gadsdengirl01

thats a nice looking bow you got there  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: you got married to someone

vvarmitr

Oh darn. I was hopping you were mulled by a bear, then nurtured back to health by wolves & then led home by a wolverine you befriended.  :sad:  You always have such cool stories.  :sneer:

Work w/ your SIL?  I hope you develop a wonderful relationship w/ him like I have w/ mine.  :biggrin:

Thanks for showing us the bow. That is sweet!  :eyebrow:

weedwalker

Congradulations to your daughter and SIL. :congrats: Great looking family you have there.

iahntr

Hope the "situation in the lower 48" is goin ok.
Good lookin bow, should be fun !

Scott