Main Menu

Me and...

Started by nastygunz, February 01, 2011, 07:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

...Mr. Shovel are gunna get us a workout  :yoyo:

FEMA Issues Storm Warning As NH Prepares For More Snow

NH Expecting Up To 22 Inches Of Snow

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- The head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency issued a rare storm warning overnight as New England prepared for more snow.

FEMA Director Craig Fugate said this storm is beyond a normal snow in the sense that it is so big.

"We're looking at particularly the areas they're forecasting. We may have freezing rain, literally the ice storm part of this falling across multiple states up through the Ohio Valley. Then we're looking at tremendous snow fall all through Chicago, 18 to 20 inches, now blizzard forecast for multiple states. So this is far beyond just what you would normally see with a heavy snow fall event. We're seeing other factors which make this much more risky that we think could lead to large scale power outages and impacts the state that may require federal assistance. We wanted to be ready as the storm was approaching, not wait until after the storm hit to see what needed to be done," Fugate said.

The head of FEMA also recommended that people make sure they are prepared for the storm by visiting the website, ready.gov.

Meanwhile in New Hampshire, many people are not looking forward to all of the shoveling that lies ahead, but cleaning up is not the only problem.

Monday night, ahead of Tuesday and Wednesday's snow storm, snow removal crews in Manchester were making room for the next batch of snow, which could be up to two feet in parts of the state, according to News 9 Meteorologist Kevin Skarupa.

Many Granite Staters told WMUR they have had enough, while others were still looking forward to the possibility of another day off from school.

Meanwhile, Tuesday evening's commute will likely be a bit slower than usual because of the snow. Transportation officials asked people to give the road crews room to work and help out by clearing off hydrants and vents around their property.

THO Game Calls

In a state whose northern boarder is Canada, you have to expect a little snow and cold weather in the Winter.

In a state whose southern boarder is an open gateway to liberal lily white city folk from southern new england, you have to expect people to make a big deal out of it.

I feel for the folks down south who don't have to deal with this much, but here, if you aren't prepared to dig out a few times every winter, you deserve what you get.   Go home.   This is no place for your Mini Cooper.  And that "smart" car?   Not so smart now is it  :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:  50 MPG means squat if you can't get out of your driveway. 

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

pitw

Funny you mentioned the smart car Al.  Sunday I had a heavy duty mechanic come out here to the farm who needed an alternator for his 89 nissan, he showed up in his smart car :doh2:.  It was -30C and had two little holes to see through, the reason he wanted to fix his nissan was that it would start without being plugged in forever as the diesel in the smart car was a mite sluggish.  He does get 70mpg with summer diesel though and that is smart in anyone's books.
I say what I think not think what I say.

THO Game Calls

QuoteHe does get 70mpg with summer diesel though and that is smart in anyone's books.

Until you hit something or someone hits you   :alscalls:   
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

pitw

Quote from: THO Game Calls on February 02, 2011, 08:37:40 AM
QuoteHe does get 70mpg with summer diesel though and that is smart in anyone's books.

Until you hit something or someone hits you   :alscalls:

I should have taken a picture cause his left rear was missing some parts  :laf: :laf:.  I worked on the "sow" moving rigs and I saw others in them big trucks who didn't fair well when hit either :innocentwhistle:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

msmith

There is a bit of truth both ways here. Kinda like riding a motorcycle around here. Good fuel economy and fun, but nobody does it at night or in the winter.
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI