• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Numbers

Started by pitw, February 21, 2011, 09:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

We have talked about numbers, as in how many coyotes we have up here. Saturday as I drove the family home from skiing we saw 21 coyotes from the highway. Saw another 11 but couldn't confirm they were coyotes so they are not in the first total. Of the 21, 14 were an easy shot from the road if one likes the drive by method.  That was from Highway 1 to highway 600 on highway 844[about 2 1/2 hours]. We also saw 7 Snowy owls[5 female], 1,000+ deer, 3 porcupine's, 400+ antelope, a moose, 28 huns and about 50 Sharpies of which I got one with the left headlight. 
I say what I think not think what I say.

Okanagan

Quote from: pitw on February 21, 2011, 09:20:59 AM
We have talked about numbers, as in how many coyotes we have up here. Saturday as I drove the family home from skiing we saw 21 coyotes from the highway. Saw another 11 but couldn't confirm they were coyotes so they are not in the first total. Of the 21, 14 were an easy shot from the road if one likes the drive by method.  That was from Highway 1 to highway 600 on highway 844[about 2 1/2 hours]. We also saw 7 Snowy owls[5 female], 1,000+ deer, 3 porcupine's, 400+ antelope, a moose, 28 huns and about 50 Sharpies of which I got one with the left headlight.

Thank you for sharing your misery.  I feel so sorry for you.  All that looking and you didn't see a single Californian nor a possum from Texas.  Life is tough but we are glad to hear that you are bearing up under deprivation.  :laf:

Hawks Feather

Not only didn't he see a single Californian nor a possum from Texas, but he also missed the Road Kill Raccoons.

Jerry

WldWldWest

The only thing thats missing is a Partridge in a pair tree and some tunes and I think you've got a hit!
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

FOsteology

If it's a country song then the truck has to break down and a dog or two has to die.  :laf:

pitw

We don't got many trees in that area at all so there is no pear trees.  The terrain is flat grass land that was broke up by the influx of immigrants [1900-1930] who discovered it is mostly sour soil not conducive to growing crops.  The numbers were to show you guys not to put much stock in guys who hunt Alberta or Saskatchewan stating how great they are because they actually got something :wink:.  I dare say that a lot of them coyotes have never heard a predator call in their life :readthis:.

Carolina Coyote

Sounds like you saw more Critters than People, you need a Machine gun mounted on the hood of the vehicle to clear the road. cc

WldWldWest

Quote from: FOsteology on February 21, 2011, 12:00:48 PM
If it's a country song then the truck has to break down and a dog or two has to die.  :laf:

FOs, Not the dogs again :doh2:
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Dang, those are quite the numbers !
Scott

KySongDog

Did you hear any one playing Foxpro Lightnin' Jack along with seeing those coyotes?    :laf:

pitw

Never heard a Electronic caller in my life  :biggrin:.  I suppose because of our terrain and numbers it is as much or more fun seeing them critters alive as dead.  One thing I've learned in my life is that the work starts shortly after the shot's are fired. :wink: