• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Started by huntillinois, February 20, 2007, 07:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

huntillinois

Just wanted to say hello and let everybody know that i stalked and shot my first coyote.  I will post the story later when i figure out how to put a picture with it.  so any help is appreciated. :confused:

FinsnFur

Upload your photo somewhere to the web, so it has it's own web address.
www.photobucket.com is a good host.

Once it's uploaded, photobucket will give you different code options for posting. Usually you'll want the one on the bottom of the list called "img code"

Then when your posting where ever you want the picture to appear, you paste that code. should look something like this;
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/RiverBoy/FnFr%20Bloopers/jdbreak.jpg[/IMG]

If you go with somone other then photobucket and aren't given all the codes for the image, all you really need is the actual URL (web address of the picture)

Then where ever you want your picture to appear in your post you can click on this button and it will put the actual image tags in place for you like this [IMG]|[/IMG]

Then you just put the web address of your picture between them [IMG]Right Here[/IMG][/color]

So it will look like this;
[img]http://www.championtannery.com/images/stories/mambotestimages/furtable3.jpg[/img]

Ohhhh and welcome to the site  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Welcome to the board "HI"

keekee

Welcome! Looking forward to the pic and story!

Brent

Hawks Feather

Welcome to FnF.  Like KeeKee, I will be looking for the story and picture.

Jerry

huntillinois

Here's the pic, hope it works
  I Headed out to make a couple of stands.  one the first stand i was sitting there with a homemade ecaller it had been running for a while so i shut it off.  i hadn't seen anything yet.  a few minutes later i spot a large coyote across the field to the east.  i grabbed by randy anderson hot dog call and used it as a distress call. I figured he would hear it even though it was windy.  i was right he heard it.  He looked my way and here he came.  I lost him in a tree line. I waited and called some more and i still couldn't see him. i waited about 20 min and still no where in sight.  I thought maybe i spooked him with my calling.  i decided i would move to some higher ground where i could see over the hill into the tree line.  I made my move and when i got there and stood up to see there he was on top of the hill looking at me, to say the least that all it took he was gone.  so i decide that i will go and find his tracks and follow him and catch him in the next field.  so i headed across the field and found his tracks and started to follow them.  I came over a little hill and looked into the field and he was nowhere in sight.  I then looked around and in the field that i just left from i spotted another yote standing approx. 150-200 yrds from where is was sitting and calling from.  so i decide to go after that one.  I put a group of trees between the yote and myself and i started walking. i made it to the trees and the yote was still there and had no idea i was closing in on him(the wind was in my favor).  I decide to keep going as long as he had his head down i would walk.  i got with 80 yrs of him.  i knelt down and rested my savage 223 on my shooting sticks.  while watching through the scope i lip squeeked at him and here he came.  At fifty yards i thought i would shoot him.  but my gun just clicked.  for some reason the round didn't fire so i chambered  another round and hit him a little back so the chase was on.  I tracked him to the river  and found him walking down the river so i put another round in him and rolled him.  It was a little male

keekee

Cool story and pic's! Congrads!

Brent

nailbender

Welcome to FNF  HI.  Way toi go on the coyote!

BigB

Good to see ya over here. 

huntillinois was gracious to invite me to hunt with him a few weeks ago.  He has got some seriously awesome ground with a ton of coyote activity on it.  We didn't see much that morning, but we had an awesome time!

thanks again for letting me hunt with ya.

Welcome aboard.  Good looking yote ya got there.

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

Bopeye

Great hunt and story. Welcome to the board, but don't pay me no mind, rumor has it that I "ain't right in the head".  :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Brad H

huntillinois...Welome to FnF! Nice coyote. Nice job on learning to post images.

Jim, your teaching skills are going through the roof. That's about the best description of "posting pics" I've ever seen.

Brad

KySongDog

Nice pic and great story! Congrats!   :congrats:  and welcome to FnF!

FinsnFur

I'm amazed you were able to follow it to the creek and find it again. Awesome  :congrats:

Brad...I didnt post those directions. The computer geek inside me did that  :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com