• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Was it luck or Providence?

Started by Bopeye, August 09, 2011, 08:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

On Aug. 1st, my mother had finished mowing their yard and was going to park her mower in their lower garage which doubles as dad's woodshop. Things didn't go exactly like she had planned. She entered the garage and realized she had to move a bucket to be able to close the garage door. She moved it, got back on the mower and popped the clutch. The mower popped up and landed on a old wash tub. The mower continued on with the front tires just high enough to get up on my dad's filleting table and from there the sucker just kept climbing.
Dad said he could hear mom screaming like he had never heard before. He thought someone was trying to kill her. He was taking a shower, but took off for mom without hesitation. When he got to her he saw the scene below, except mom's left foot was caught between the mowing deck and the old church pew that dad is restoring. She was begging him to get her foot dislodged, so he went to work to free her. She flung her arms in pain when he started. She knocked him backward into the church pew. Now remember he was just in his birthday suit at this time. When he fell into that pew he got splinters in his rearend.  :doh2:  I know, I know, TMI. Anyway, he finally freed her and then got the phone and called me. He was breathing so hard when he called that I thought he was having a heart attack. I jumped in my truck and what usually takes a little over 15 minutes for me only took 7 minutes. When I got to their house, they were both standing in front of their upper garage and thankfully dad had covered himself by this time. He asked if I could help them get their mower off the wall. I thought, "What the ...."?
Then I saw this! Believe it or not, mom just had a small cut on her ankle and was quite sore. That was it though.
Everyone I have shown this photo to thinks I photoshopped it. Now you guys know I am nowhere near smart enough to this.
Take a look.

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Rich

Hot dang, I want a mower like that!  On a more serious note, I'm glad that your Mom is OK. Did she pull those splinters out of your Dad's butt?
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

coyotehunter_1

James, I know your mom is a tough lady but tell her for me that she really needs to rethink mountain climbing with her lawn tractor.  :huh:

Seriously, they have been through a lot in the past few years. I'm glad dad is ok and mom escaped with only scrapes and bruises. :whew:

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Jeb

Looks like that grass catcher prevented a roll back. Glad she is ok bud.....hope dad is too.  :biggrin:
                                 Jeb

Hawks Feather

Bop,

Your parents need to get out more.  When someone tells them about going 4-wheeling and going up things, this is not what they were talking about.   Splinters - kind of gives new meaning to "got wood".

I am glad that neither of them were hurt more seriously.

Jerry

KySongDog

Dayum!  Glad your mom is OK.  That could have turned out a lot worse.      :whew:

FOsteology

Unreal. Many factors had to align for THAT to occur. Glad to hear your Mom walked away with minor injuries. That could have been considerably worse....

securpro

:rolleye: see Bop that's what happens when ya put a woman behind the wheel... Glad she didn't get hurt and hope yur dad got those splinters out. I think i'm gonna get one of those grass catchers for my moms mower, I can see where it might come in handy :biggrin:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

slagmaker

Glad your moms ok and REALLY Glad you didnt post pics of the splinters.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

I just seen this Bop.....and the first thing that came to mind was to ask you if she was texting while she was driving?  :alscalls:

Seriously though, holy crap I'm glad it wasnt worse.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Looks to me like shes ready to attack the lawn mower racing circut!!!  :alscalls: I'm glad she's ok Bop and glad your back and posting.

Butt,  :laugh2:  hows your dad doing?

KySongDog

Bop

That "Butt Out" tool won't work so don't even think about trying it.   :alscalls:

Bopeye

LMAO @ Semp!!

Outside of having wood in his butt, he's doing pretty good.

:doh2: :confused:

That didn't sound right.  :innocentwhistle:

HaMeR

I sure am glad nobody got hurt worse than they did James!! Your dad coulda gotten hurt a lot worse than splinters in his Bop butt running thru the house with wet feet. I'm glad he made it there in time to help her get outta there.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

WldWldWest

WoW Cuzz! I'm glad she's alright!

Might as well go ahead and change the oil in it since ya can get to it pretty easy from there :confused:
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

Bopeye

Quote from: HaMeR on August 18, 2011, 04:21:41 AM
I sure am glad nobody got hurt worse than they did James!! Your dad coulda gotten hurt a lot worse than splinters in his Bop butt

Thanks guys and you too Hamer, but you know your gonna have to BITE ME for the little comment there.  :eyebrownod:

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

It is nice to see that big old red lettering back.  I would post the words, but I'm not worthy.

Jerry

Okanagan

Just noticed this thread.  Wow!  What a story!  I'd call it Providence... and be grateful!

Bopeye

Quote from: Hawks Feather on August 18, 2011, 07:44:41 PM
It is nice to see that big old red lettering back.  I would post the words, but I'm not worthy.

Jerry

Trust me my friend, you're a far better man than I will ever be. So if putting those little red words up there was based on Worthiness, I would be near the back of the line. Most the people that come here are good people, living real lives and doing their best to live life the right way. That's why I still call this place home.  :wink:
I just don't get on the computer much anymore, but when I do I check this place out first.  :eyebrownod: