• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Mental Telepathy?

Started by HuntnCarve, August 21, 2011, 10:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

Well for all you dads out there I have to share my experience yesterday with the above topic?
You see, my daughter was taking her driver exam for the second time.  The instructor had failed her the first time for a sneaky double stop at a wierd intersection her first attempt last week.  The wife had taken her for the test that time, and was thrilled that our daughter had pulled off a perfect "Parallel Park" right off.  -Seems that particular manuever was taking it's toll on all the young drivers ahead of them in line.  Wife said they were dropping like flies!  So she was excited that Kell got through that skill test.   Figured she had it in the bag?  Well, it didn't work out as planned.  Anyway, I ended up taking her for her second go around yesterday.  As fate would have it, she ended up with the very same instructor.  Meanwhile, dad had to step out of the vehicle and watch from the sidelines as she pulled out and approached the "Parallel Park"... - "[Pull vehicle between a set of drums 24 feet apart, bordered by a curb on the inside].
Here's where my newly found talent manefested itself.  As I watched, she slowly approached the drums.[Keep in mind she was driving my smallest vehicle, a Dodge Durango].Powerful thought waves were pouring from my brain.."Keep going, alittle more forward...Stop!  Now signal, cut wheel hard...No, no, no! The other way!!! That's it...Now cut the wheel hard the other way!!!  Staighten it out!!! Ah, watch the curb!!! STOP!!! Now pull forward...Good!!!"  -She did it!  A few more minutes of anxiety as she remanuevered the vehicle out of the pigeon hole.  -I honestly believe I mentally moved those front barrels a few inches during this maneuver? :innocentwhistle:
Anyway, my gut was churning as they drove off for the highway test.  An eternity later they returned.. Pulling past me, my daughters face was blank.  The instructor was busily scribbling away on a clipboard??? :wo:  He then opened the door and got out of the vehicle...It was then my daughter wheeled around and gave me the "Thumbs up!" :yoyo:
Years taken off my life in the process, I figured I would pass off my "Mental powers" to the next father in line here.  May they serve you well.  Good luck!

HuntnCarve

Dave

FinsnFur

:alscalls: :alscalls: I loved that. And I think I felt some of the anxiety myself.
Oh and congrats Kell :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Dave,

Congratulations on your mental ability and to your daughter for passing the test.  I think it might have been easier to just do the telepathy on the examiner and have his only thought be what a great job this girl is doing.

Jerry

HuntnCarve

Jerry,

Years past I tried using this ability on Principals?  Found it severely lacking?  Atleast on my behalf? :wo:  Just didn't want to take the chance trying it on another Authority figure.  :laf:

Dave

FOsteology

My daughter got her drivers license almost four years ago. 1/4 mile away from home..... and she's lost.  :shrug:

Carolina Coyote

Good story Dave and Congratulation to to Kell, Just keep that Telepathy going when you turn her loose with the car.  :congrats: cc

HaMeR

:laf: Great story Dave!! I have no doubt in my MIND that you helped Kell thru this!! Congratulations to the both of you!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Now all I need to do is schedule a couple coyote hunts with you when you're on your game & have a couple fall to your handcalls & your mental powers.  :eyebrow:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

shaddragger

:yoyo: Congrats to you and the girl Dave, but there are many more years coming off your life in the very near future! Fos is right, keep a map near the cellphone to guide her home!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen