• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Corn field river..

Started by HuntnCarve, September 08, 2011, 10:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

The Susquehanna Valley is feeling the effects of being "sandwiched" between both hurricanes systems and a dipping jet stream coming off the Gulf of Mexico.  Here in Eastern PA, they are experiencing massive amounts of flooding.  They've closed alot of schools and State agencies. Closed some of the interstates in sections, and over 150 state roads!  The Susquehanna river is going to crest as late as Saturday.  They are evacuating alot of areas down near the capital along the river.  35 miles East of there is where I live.  Seems like we're contributing to flooding.  Here's a couple pictures from below the house.  Seems the cornfield is being washed out.  Sounded like a roaring river all night!  Now you can see why.

All this water flows into the Tulpehocken creek a quarter mile below the house.  Here's a view from the neighbors yard looking down the valley.  The house in the photo is possibly going to have some problems, being that the creek is rising.  See the water coming up behind the house (below). A developer built all these houses pictured a few years back down below us.  This is the worst I've ever seen it down there.

The rain has slowed down for now.  The heavy bands are breaking up, but will be sporadic over the next few days.  My home is safe, and was never in jeopardy.  They did announce the sewage treatment plant is flooded.  So we're on a "boil water" advisory.  And to think, out West they are having a drought...Nature just does not make sense sometimes?

Dave 

Hawks Feather

The most important question that needs to be answered is:  Do you think this will have any effect on your honey holes being overrun with groundhogs that are driven (washed) out of the lowlands?

Jerry

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

HuntnCarve

I did spot a big snapping turtle!  But no wayward hogs of late..We'll leave the light on... :eyebrow:

Bopeye

Hope you stay safe Dave. Things can be replaced, people can't. Be careful and don't risk anything crazy my friend.
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

FinsnFur

Quote from: HuntnCarve on September 08, 2011, 05:23:44 PM
I did spot a big snapping turtle!  But no wayward hogs of late..We'll leave the light on... :eyebrow:

Yeah the infrared light :laf: :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyotehunter_1

Dave, keep your powder dry and your feet on high ground.

Saw it on the news tonight, the flooding is bad.  It's a shame we can't send the Texas and Arizona folks some of that moisture. :sad:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.