• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

I want to build a cool AR

Started by Roundman, August 22, 2011, 10:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roundman

Always wanted to build a cool looking AR but never jumped in with both feet. The cost of parts and accessories are so high it's hard to justify. After brousing for info on an aftermarket trigger I caught the fever to do it. In the past all of my guns were bought with a purpose in mind (deer hunting, coyote hunting, etc.). This time I just want to do it because.

Bopeye

I bought 4 DVDs this winter on building AR's. Having used the M-16 for 8 years and learning to disassemble, assemble and perform a functions check on them, I already had a layman's knowledge about them. Then back in 1990 I built my first one. I had to travel to Chattanooga to find a lower at that time as "Black Rifles" really weren't in much demand yet. I built an old standard A2 type AR15. It did pretty good, but I started getting into spotlighting.......uh, I mean hunting deer so I sold it for some things I would need in my new endeavour.
Then I started getting back into the Black Rifles a few years ago and boy oh boy. What difference a decade or two can make.

The DVDs I bought Mike are for doing custom trigger jobs. Tricking them out. Building AR's using different parts. These things go from the basics of putting an AR together, all the way to tricking them out like a Pimp Daddy's ride. My wife is asleep in the bedroom right now, so I don't want to disturb her. Give me a call tomorrow evening and I will pull those DVDs out and tell you where I got them how much. They also teach gunsmithing, but I don't need to do that. Why learn that when I have Chet and his dad.  :highclap:
I'll help you as much as I can. I'll tell you who else is pretty slick with Ar's and that's ole CCP himself. He may not be an expert, but he has built some pretty sweet Ar's on all kinds of crazy platforms. I love talking to him about his latest gun projects, especially when he is talking about the AR-15.
:wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

WldWldWest

Roundman, It hasnt been long ago I built one out of spare part's outta my junk box! If ya watch the Equipment exchange on AR15.com you can find great deals on parts or complete uppers and lowers, I've gotten a bunch of good deals of from that site If ya can stand the constant BS!

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

Roundman

Quote from: WldWldWest on August 24, 2011, 01:02:05 PM
Roundman, It hasnt been long ago I built one out of spare part's outta my junk box! If ya watch the Equipment exchange on AR15.com you can find great deals on parts or complete uppers and lowers, I've gotten a bunch of good deals of from that site If ya can stand the constant BS!

Been on that site for a long time but very seldom ever visit it. I'll start checking it more often. My problem is I don't know what a good price on most of the stuff would be.

riverboss

They are very addicting to build checkout Model one sales they have alot of neat stuff and i hear it pretty good.

CCP

QuoteI'll tell you who else is pretty slick with Ar's and that's ole CCP himself. He may not be an expert, but he has built some pretty sweet Ar's on all kinds of crazy platforms.

I like to bridge the gap between the old and new.

My new Winchester AR

I did the revolver AR a long while back.

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

securpro

Now those are for modern cowboys aint they  :wo:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

Roundman

Rich, now we know how you kill all them coyote! The single shot/lever action must be the chit on dogs. Anyway, I did install a new trigger in the AR the other day. Not gonna say it's worth the money but it's way better than the stock one.

CCP

QuoteI did install a new trigger in the AR the other day. Not gonna say it's worth the money but it's way better than the stock one.

A Dremel,allen screw and a set of yellow springs.

Total= 12bucks

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net