• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Good hunt for Possumal & Yote Yoda

Started by possumal, September 10, 2011, 10:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Yote Yoda and I went out and did a little shooting this afternoon at my soninlaw's farm in Owen County. My Prairie Panther and his JP AR-15 were shooting to our satisfaction, and we still had a good deal of time left, so we decided to drive on up into another new farm in northern Ky. to take a looksee and maybe make a stand if we had time.  The wind was perfect for this particular place, but we only had time for one good stand so we picked out the best looking setup we could find with this particular wind.  Using a combination of his Firestorm and my Cronk Assassin mouth call, we started out with a couple of interrogation howls on the mouth call, followed up by a howl or two on the Firestorm.  The coyotes really lit up a woods about 400 yds from the place we were perched.  We gave it a few minutes and then gave them a couple of challenge howls, waited a couple of minutes more, and went into one of Yote Yoda's favorites, Coyote & rabbit. It didn't take a minute before I spotted 7 coyotes coming, real committed, with the big male and mama leading the race, 5 pups in tow.  Put the Sceery squeaker on the Prairie Panther into use, stopping the female for a 80 yd chip shot with the Prairie Panther.  The big male cut hard left into some thick briars and weeds, with one of the pups not far behind. Yote Yoda made a really good running shot, rolling a nice young male at about 130 yds.  None of them were having any of the come back and check on mama and brother deal, so we gathered up the dead ones and slipped out right at dark. All in all, it was a good afternoon in all ways.  Here is a picture of the two coyotes and some of our equipment.

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Okanagan

CCP

Thanks for sharing and good to see you getting out more often again....  :highclap:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

coyote101

Good deal Al. Thanks for sharing.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

The one on the bottom there looks like he's grinning like a bird fed cat. :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jeb

Congrats Al and Yoda ! Thanks for sharing the hunt.   :highclap:
                          Jeb

Frogman

Wow!  Seven at once.  Way to go guys!!  Good shooting.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!