• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

First Snow

Started by Tikaani, October 19, 2011, 08:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikaani

Well we had a few dustings, but got our first bit of snow, more on the way. Twentyfive degrees here, a bit colder in the valley, in the teens tonight.  Won't see the ground again until mid April or so.  The dogs are out cold next to the woodstove and the Chickadees are hitting the feeder nonstop.

John

Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

slagmaker

Now those are some perty pics. We will have our first snow soon enough herre in the Hoosier state.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

KySongDog

It was a frosty 47 this morning here.   :biggrin:

It is amazing that those little birds hang around all winter. 

FinsnFur

She's a comin!
I suppose me and Art are gonna be next.
Art you wanna race? :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Pretty pics !
not quite sure I'm ready for that stuff yet though.  :nono:
Scott

Okanagan

Beautiful pics!  We got a bit of snow when moose hunting near the Yukon border three weeks ago but it melted in the valley within hours. 

Tikaani, I hope you don't see the ground until spring.  When we lived in colder country we wanted a snow cover to keep the ground from freezing so deep, and we wanted it to say.  A thaw and then refreeze in midwinter was always bad.

Here it is 55 degrees again at 8:30 PM.  We've had some "extreme" temp swings in the past two days:  up to 61 for two days in a row and with clear skies got down to 43 one morning.

HaMeR

Very nice indeed!! I'm looking forward to our 1st snow here in Ohio.  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Tikaani

Ok, you are right about that, always a concern up here for the temps to really start falling and not have the snow to help insulate the septic and our water lines from the underground tank (although they do have heat tape wrapped around them).  Thinking about all the stuff we do to prevent freezing problems is kind of wierd, like plugging in our vehicles, we have heat tape on our plumbing vent on the roof and turn it on when the temps drop to -30 to keep it from freezing shut from condensation (toilets won't flush).
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.