• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Deer killed by coyotes caught on trail cam

Started by Biscuit, November 22, 2011, 10:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biscuit

Here is a link that was posted on kyhunting that i thought yall might like to see. Its a series of trail cam photos capturing a nice mature buck fighting a battle with coyotes. It takes over two hours but the coyotes finally get him.
http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/ji...82&rid=3486316

Todd Rahm

Appears it directed me to the front web page of the site?

FinsnFur

Yeah it's not working here either. Now you got me curious. I even went over there searching for it.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

weedwalker

Todd Rahm

Man you can sure see those scrawny lil things bellies get heavy as the pics go on!!!!

At the end it looks like the norns had been gnawed on too, but I wonder what did that?

Biscuit

Thanks weedwalker for correcting the link. :yoyo: Dont know what i did wrong :confused: 

FinsnFur

Thats an incredible capture, wow.
I wonder what kept the buck in front of the camera. I woulda been halfway to Dodge :whew:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 22, 2011, 09:17:29 PM
I wonder what kept the buck in front of the camera. I woulda been halfway to Dodge :whew:

I was wondering the same thing.  :shrug: :shrug:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Carolina Coyote

My experience with the Trail cameras is when the red light comes on the Coyotes bug out don't know if that had anything  to do with the Deer hanging in that area or not . It is kind of strange and a sad scene to see that Deer die such a horrible death. cc

Todd Rahm

Well I was pondering two things...

1. Food/Bait brought him in maybe at first...

Attack

2. Because of the openess off the spot the camera was placed in/or man made seemed like a good spot for the buck to defend (After injured) himself or hold ground with out getting tangled up in brush or trees?

Did that camera have some kind of flash instead of IR? Just ask because of the glowing coyote eys from hell.  :confused:

Then again ya never know. Maybe he was prior injured from a fence line or got hit/nicked by a car? Which brought the coyotes to him?? Sure looked like he could have been far more for two coyotes to deal with or run off if he was healthy?

centerfire_223

That goes to show you, even a big ole deer is no match for a couple of coyotes. The people that say coyotes won't kill full grown deer are crazy.   :nono:
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

riverboss

It just goes to show that a young deer doesnt have a chance if they want it.Im sure if this gets around much it will open up alot more places that wouldnt let you hunt them before .

KySongDog

That is real interesting.  Thanks, Biscuit.

Biscuit

Semp i thought it was pretty interesting myself. Looks like some hungry arse coyotes to me. :sad:

coyotehunter_1

A few years ago, at the LBL, I remember several of us discussed this very issue. I'm a caller by choice but I've taken coyotes that were chasing mature, healthy looking whitetail deer. Once I watched three large coyotes move into a pasture where several deer were feeding.  One coyote jumped a deer and took pursuit. Mean while the other coyotes simply laid in wait for the chase coyote to move the deer in a circle. Getting tired the first coyote dropped out and another one took over. That was one time the deer won out as I ended the chase but I suspect as the deer becomes exhausted more coyotes will join in until the deer is too weak to fight and is taken down.  From experience I have no doubt coyotes will kill deer, healthy or other wise. 
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

markTNhunter

very interesting,poor deer that would be a (L) of way to go!i cant figure why he didnt get the heck outa there :confused: thanks for the link biscuit