• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Drilling holes in the river

Started by FinsnFur, January 07, 2012, 07:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

My brother was bragging to me on the phone every night last week about how well the fish have been biting out on the ice.
He says, "there aint much ice left you gotta get down there".

I really doubted there'd be any ice left by the time the weekend came but we went out around lunch time today.
There was roughly 30 people out on the ice at one time, and I only seen maybe 5 that didnt fall through. Two of them were my brother and I. :whew:

He said the bite was nothing at all like it has been, but I was having a blast catching one after the other and thought they was biting real good. We were out on the ice for 3 hours, and walked off with 35 fish. :biggrin:
No monsters but dang they were good eating.

There was about 3 inches of ice out in the middle of the cut we were in. I was amazed.

This guy was coming out on the ice, and fell through the minute his boots left the shore. :laf: Thank god he had a bucket in each hand or he woulda went right down on his face. He used a bucket in each hand to support his weight as he crashed his way through back to shore again. Then he stood there looking at us like he was lost.  :laf: So I took his picture.

Everyone that went through, went through along the shore. Knowing the ice was deteriorating they would get a run at it when they was about 20 feet from it.  Big mistake :alscalls: I wish I woulda got pics of the guys breaking through, but I didnt wanna get caught making a mockery of them.

There's very few things on this earth that taste better then this :eyebrow: Sweet sweet candy :biggrin:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

The finished product sure looks good on the plate.  :yoyo:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

slagmaker

That do look good. The gentelman on the shore looks like "I can see the promissed land I just cant get to it.".

mighty tasty looking pic
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Carolina Coyote

Boy ya made me hongry looking at the finish product, looks like you got the cooking down just right, would have love to been there and tried one of them.  :eyebrownod: cc

Dave

Wow that's a mess of fish.  Looks like it was a fun time and then a great meal. 
Would liked to have seen more pics, though, and the mockery kind!  :innocentwhistle:

riverboss

Dang Jim you had me lookin in the freezer :bowingsmilie: I can taste those fillets now unfortunitly im all out. :pout:

Hidehunter

Wow that looks good.  I started my diet today and would kill to be able to sit down with that plate in front of me lol.  Looks like a great day of fishing to me.  :yoyo:
Denver                                           

yotefever

I can't believe there is any ice left :shrug:
There were just  a few pieces of ice on the river running threw the Kettle Moraine last week when I did a few stands.
All I saw were one set of tracks at my last stand.
BTW those are my favorite fish fry, they have them at the American Legion Hall ever so often.  :highclap:
http://www.whitcombministries.org/
http://www.answersingenesis.org/
"My Jeep won a war...Your Honda mows my yard !"

Coulter

Mmmmmmm Good! I need to get some perch out of the freezer real soon.

We haven't even had any fishable hard water here yet. Just enough ice to make beaver trapping  a bit tricky :noway:

Steve