• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

LBL dog down!!

Started by Uhadme@gobble, February 12, 2012, 03:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uhadme@gobble

After hanging around all you FnF fanatics at the annual lbl hunt.........i took what i learned to the woods at lbl this mourn'n. Made 4 sets with no luck. Got to the 5th set and decided i would change locations after this if it was a failure. Had been seeing some scat,but it looked pretty old to me....like a cigar had burnt to ashes right there on the ground! At this set up, i can see the lake at the bottom of the draw behind me. In front off me, another large and deep draw facing another tall ridge. To my right morer ridges, to my left bottom land. Now behind me there's not alot of real estate for a coyote to come from, though not impossible. I decide to face the draw & tall ridge with my back to the lake. The wind is at my back , going in the direction i'm faceing. Normally this is not good, but i'm on a ridge myself so my scents high, the mourning sun is lifting it even more, the winds bout 5 mph. Plus i can see bout two hundred yards all the way to the top off the ridge, its pretty open. No decoy, just a foxpro and my 243. After settling in against a tree, i reached down and turned on the foxpro. You'd thought bugs bunny went to prison and was get'n raped. No more than two or three sqauls and i saw movement at the bottom of the draw in front of me.....it was a coyote in full pursuit. I got him in the scope at about 100yds and he just kept comming. Now had i had more experiance AND not been so excited, i probably would have barked and stopped him. Instead he came around a tree 8yds away when i shot him!! Thank goodness i had the scope on 4x ! It was fantastic mourning for me. Only thing it lacked was my good buddy popadog to be there with me. even though he wasn't there, he played a big role because ive learned alot from him! So hope you enjoy the pic's!!!!

slagmaker

Congrats on that nice red coyote. Them LBL hills are something to be hunting in. Save us some for next year tho
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

popadog

:great story congrats on the rabbit muncher wish I would have been there too.

JDP

HaMeR

Nice looking coyote for sure!! Great color!! Congratulations!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

weedwalker

WAY TO GO WADE!! :yoyo: Congrats on that big coyote. :congrats:

Ed

KySongDog

Bugs bunny gettin' raped....  :alscalls:

Nice one Wade!!

shaddragger

Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

WldWldWest

Congratulations!!! Good job!
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

JDP

I plan on heading to LBL later this month, was there alot of hunters where you were hunting?

FinsnFur

I surprised there's any coyotes left down there. :laf:
Nice job :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Quote from: FinsnFur on February 13, 2012, 05:40:11 AM
I surprised there's any coyotes left down there. :laf:
Nice job :yoyo:

You might be right.  The FnF LBL crew put a big dent in 'em.   I'd guess there's less than 600 running around now.   :laf:

kyslim

way to go!!! pretty red dog
The only good coyote, is a dead one!!!

Uhadme@gobble

JDP, never saw anyone around me and never heard any other shots! Love to hang out with ya if you make it over to LBL. That goes for anybody else close ! Be safe & let the fur fly!!!

markTNhunter

Frogman

Wow!  Wade,

Great hunt and write up.  Good shooting!  WTG!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

kyfuzzyface

Fuzzy

JDP

Quote from: Uhadme@gobble on February 13, 2012, 11:03:49 AM
JDP, never saw anyone around me and never heard any other shots! Love to hang out with ya if you make it over to LBL. That goes for anybody else close ! Be safe & let the fur fly!!!

Sounds like a plan! When we figure out when we are heading that way I'll let you know! Keep after them!!

LBLDOG