• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Another Ft Campbell Bobcat

Started by JDP, February 13, 2012, 04:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDP

We went to area 46 this morning. Heading down the range road we saw fresh scat and piss. So we came to a thick area just below the range road and set up right on the road. Decoy and call on right side near the thick stuff and we sat in a row of pines on the left side of the road about 50yrds away.
This bobcat came from 400yrds walking down the road to the left of the call. My buddy who just shot a bobcat yesterday said it's yours.. take it!! I said I'm on it.. I'm on it! Then the sun was right in line with my scope, The cat stopped about 120 yrds from the call right in the middle of the road and sat down. It was wathing the decoy, I still couldn't get on it b/c of the sun. My buddy said can you,can you? I said no... boom! He was on it the whole way and he took his 2nd Ft Campbell bobcat in 2 days!

This was 1st set of the day. We headed down toward the south end near the creek bottom that borders the impact area. I think we did maybe 4 other sets, when we called in another bobcat, yep the 2nd of the day. It appeared like magic, as I tried to get on it, it was in the opening maybe 3 seconds, it moved behind a few trees. I had crosshairs ready for it to pass the other side. I could see its face just no shot. At the same time my partner changed call from adult cottontail to coyote challenge. That bobcat jumped 4 feet off the ground and took off!! My buddy was 15 yrd from me to the left and couldn't see I was about to shoot!Just a few more seconds and I would have had my 1st bobcat!! It was an awesome day just to see them!!

code

Wow you are on a roll. :highclap: :highclap: Great job!!! :congrats: :congrats:
"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

Uhadme@gobble

thats awesome!! you guy's are given me cat scratch FEVER!!!!!!!

JDP

We couldn't believe this 7 lb cat had the guts to walk around in coyote country in broad daylight out in the open like that!  We just knew for sure we would have seen come coyotes with all the scat and considering how thick it was there, but nothing! I can't complain though seeing 3 cats in 2 days is amazing by itself!!

markTNhunter

HaMeR

Another nice looking cat!! Congratulations!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Semp shot a coyote at the LBL in the rear end too. Only he didn't take the time to set it's back leg for the camera.   :alscalls: :alscalls:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

LOL! HaMeR
What is that for real? Is that where they want em tagged down there?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

That's where JDP covered up the trap marks.  :innocentwhistle:

:alscalls: :alscalls:  I know better JDP!!  :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod:

I figured it was the tag but couldn't resist razzing about it.  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

HVY DROP

Love to get some cats like that out here at Bragg... I know we've got 'em, but man are they skittish.