• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

First try at making a call

Started by kyslim, February 18, 2012, 03:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyslim

I recently read an old post on here about how to make a custom handmade call which i believe was posted by brad. It seemed pretty simple so I thought what the heck ill give it a try. I started with a block of cedar drilled it out then whittled it into shape with my pocket knife and used part of a red solo cup for the reed and a calve band to hold it into place... Its sure not pretty but dang..... it works

I am really confident that if i can find a coyote that hasn't had a single bite to eat for a few weeks that I just mite get a responce  :alscalls: :alscalls::wo:
The only good coyote, is a dead one!!!

Hawks Feather

Looks like it should work and you are more skilled with a knife than I am.  If that were mine and whittled with a pocket knife there would be blood stains on it.  And the blood wouldn't be from any critters I called in, but from the cuts on my fingers.

Jerry

FinsnFur

:eyebrownod: You done a good job.
I know people that have been building calls for years that dont look as good as yours there. :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Yotehntr

:yoyo:  COOL!!!   I'm happy to see you do something with it.  Hope to see you post a kill called in with it!  :wink:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Biscuit

Reminds me of my single days!!! The women weren't pretty but they would work in a have to sitiuation :alscalls: :alscalls: Not bad Slim especially with a pocket knife!!!! :yoyo:

titansfan2104

Quote from: FinsnFur on February 18, 2012, 07:00:11 PM
:eyebrownod: You done a good job.
I know people that have been building calls for years that dont look as good  :alscalls: yours there. :yoyo:
Brad he's talking about you!!! You need to step up your game!!!!  :alscalls:

Yotehntr

LOL... the coyote's don't care what they look like.  Hope you're getting a good sound from it slim!
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

coyotehunter_1

QuoteIts sure not pretty but dang..... it works

Hey, it's better to have one good, solid call that works than a dozen "pretty reed holders" that don't.  :wink:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.