• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

A little Footage from our Backcountry Path cleaning trip this Weekend

Started by Hidehunter, October 29, 2012, 04:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidehunter

Well the weather wasnt to bad. A little snow flurries and some drizzling rain. Was a little cold but once we started cutting fallen logs and brush we werent to cold anymore.  There wasnt as much timber down in there as I figured after this summers storm and we still have work to do.  We left a little before daylight and made it clear to our camping spot and back to the truck just before dark. 

We go into the backcountry every year and stay the first week of deer season.  We went in and started clearing our path so there will be less work down the road when we go in to stay.  May have twice as much to do after this storm thats getting ready to hit.

Footage isnt the best because all I had was my phone.  I'm so proud of my team of horses.  One is a 5 year old that we raised (spotted mare) and the other is a Percheron mare we bought this year from the Amish and she is only a 3 year old.  Id say this team will be goin into Cranberry and takin us on wagon rides for the next 15 years. They sure did a good job. This was only the 3rd time the spotted mare has been in the harness and she will pull like there is no tomorrow. I actually took a whip with us incase one of them tried to get lazy and I didnt pick it up the whole trip. One little kiss to them and they were in the chains and we were movin. Im proud of them if ya cant tell lol.

Denver                                           

Hawks Feather

At about 3 minutes in it sounds like someone fell off.  Nice team that you have there.

Jerry

coyotehunter_1

:laf: Denver... you all are a hoot! Nice rolling rig you got there and those mares are working great together. Reminds me of my younger days trail riding with mules, horses and covered wagons... only thing is we had to fight off Indian attacks back then. :wink:

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

weedwalker

Great clip Denver. It's a lot of work keeping those trails open.

FinsnFur

Hey thanks for taking us along!!  :jump:

I just wish I could have been more help. :sad:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com