• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Possumal and Possumal, Jr. have a great hunt

Started by possumal, September 24, 2012, 05:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

39 degrees, light frost, virtually no wind so Possumal and Possumal, Jr. just had to get after Wiley this a.m. at first light.  We went to a new farm I just got permission to hunt down in Pulaski County, about 65 miles from Nicholasville.  It was a really beautiful place to hunt, and Possumal, Jr. got blood all over the DPMS Prairie Panther AR I sold him a few weeks ago.  He killed a nice young female, nearly taking her head off where the neck meets the shoulder. He was happy and I was even happier.  After the eye problems and operations he has endured for the past year, he had a lot of doubt about ever getting to hunt again, but I had faith in God that he would.  I also know how tough he is mentally and physically, and it sure was great to get out with him again.  Called in a pair on the first stand and he did the dirty deed on the female at about 95 yds.  We saw another big one but he was too far and the terrain too open to get him to commit with the wind to his back.  Went to another part of the farm, and I called in a young male, and folded his tent for him at 225 yds where he was hung up by a brushpile, DRT when the 70 grain Blitz King out of my Savage 243 hit him dead center in the chest.  I must have hit the chest bone dead center because he was a total mess so decided to not post the picture, far too messy. 

You'll get a good idea of how stable the Bog Gear HD3 tripod is from the picture Possumal, Jr. took of yours truly.  He was standing past the last brushpile you see in the center of the picture, topside. Pretty spot and his chest looked too inviting with the sun in his face.

Here is Possumal, Jr. with his female: 

Here is the picture of my setup with the Bog Gear HD3 tripod, and the spot where I shot the young male.

All in all, God blessed the old Possumal and the newer version with a beautiful day on a beautiful hunting area.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

riverboss

Nicely done Al!! Props for not posting the gore pics :highclap: Im  glad you and your son get to hunt together again.

shaddragger

:highclap: Congratulations Al! Looked like a great day in the field with Jr!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen