• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Team Hole in One now has Hole in two...

Started by centerfire_223, October 11, 2012, 02:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

centerfire_223

CC and I decided since we did well yesterday, then we should try again today at another farm I hunt. We started out at daylight and made 4 dry stands. It was one of those mornings that you feel like you should call up something on every stand. Stand number 5 was the magic stand this morning.

We were walking towards our next stand and seen a persimmon tree just loaded down and persimmons every where on the ground. Earlier that morning we seen some scat that was loaded with persimmon seeds, so we thought there maybe one hiding close by this food source. So we setup about 50 yards from the tree watching into the hardwoods. I had CC watching down into this deep holler, that was where I figured the coyote would come. Right up that draw and sneak in behind us, but that wasn't the case.

I started the stand out with a grey fox pup in distress for a couple of minutes. Then I switched over to coyote pup distress. It wasn't but about 7 minutes in I heard CC sound off again. The coyote had come up the finger ridge instead of coming in from below. Another BIG coyote off of this property, I would guess this coyote weighed in around 45-50 pounds. I am going to have to get me a scale to carry with me. Here are the hero shots.

You can tell in this picture that CC is right on target.

Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

HuntnCarve

Dang!  No wonder Carl is grinning.  You guys are slaying them!  :highclap:  Way to go guys!  Thanks for taking us along.

Dave

Carolina Coyote

It has been a great week, always a pleasure to hunt with Ronnie, he is just a great guy and has been putting me on the best spots, yea I grinned all day yesterday and all day today, sure is sweet. Hope we get a few more good hunts in this year as Ronnie has a new shooting Iron that he want to fire on one plus I have a new .223 that I have not carried hunting yet , a lot of Coyotes running around out there that needs some attention.  :biggrin: cc

HaMeR

Cool deal!! Keep after em for sure!!

You gonna change your name to Team Hole in "however many"??  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssomebody stop them :eyebrow:
I'm betting that thing weighed around 27 pounds. Ronnie thinks it closer to 50 pounds cause he's getting old and well you knowwwwwwwww :eyebrow:

Anywayyyyy :laf:  You guys are off to a great start. Keep em, I say keep em coming! :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bluesman

Protect our sport.  Act like you got some sense out there so future generations can enjoy hunting too,

JB

Jeb