• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Shaelee's first 'bow hunting' trip

Started by Hidehunter, October 14, 2012, 08:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidehunter

I was cleaning a couple of my guns and my baby girl told me she wanted to shoot them.  I told her that we needed to wait until she was just a little bit older.  She said 'I'm bigger now Daddy, I can hunt stuff'.  I said 10-4 baby, go get your bow and we hit the woods.  I told her we had to be really quite when we got out of the truck so we didnt scare anything.  I took my .17 to shoot a couple of squacks and she took her bow and arrows.  She said she was gonna shoot the deer and I could shoot the squirrels lol.  I was very suprized as to how quite she was.  That is HIGHLY UNLIKE her lol.  We only seen a few chipmonks since it was right in the middle of the day and the oak didnt hit in that spot like it did every where else.  We had a great time though crossin creeks and watchin her lay on her belly over a knoll and stalking chipmonks is a memory I will have for the rest of my life.  She is 2 now but next year she will be 3 and I can already tell that I will be able to take her in a blind with me.  All you competetive guys better watch out in a few years cause she is gonna be a deer slayin/fish catching machine.  I'm so proud of her.  I think I may have walked her a little to far because I had to pack her the last 75 or so yards to the truck and when I put her in her carseat she was out like a light before I got pulled out on the road lol.

This little thing right here is the reason i live and breathe.

Denver                                           

slagmaker

Memories like that are the reasons I can't stand how fast my daughters grow. before you know she will be interested. in things that will make ya want to pull your hair out. but ya love em even. more
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

Quote from: Hidehunter on October 14, 2012, 08:15:28 AM
I think I may have walked her a little to far because I had to pack her the last 75 or so yards to the truck

LOL! :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Them chipmunks r gunna catch hell when she gets her first daisy bb gun  :yoyo:

Frogman

That's a neat story.  Looks like she had a great time!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

coyote101

What a little doll she is. Glad you two had a great time Denver.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

riverboss

What a special day you must of had! Im sure she will never forget it.

bambam

shaddragger

:congrats: Awesome story and a great memory to keep!!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

Hawks Feather

She is a cutie and will be a great hunting partner.

Jerry

HaMeR

:yoyo: :yoyo:  It's great when the little ones want to go along with you like that!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Dave

Denver,
you need to start keeping a little hunting/personal journal with all your non-forgettable moments.  My daughter is 14 and I have a hard time remembering the years that Shaelee is now.   And hopefully I won't have to go through what Slag was talking about, but everything else is happening that I was sure wouldn't.  Anyway, it looks like you're having a blast with her, and she with you, so write some of it down!!!
(Great post, by the way!)

Todd Rahm

nastygunz

That brings back memories for me when I was growing up in the hills of VT with my 5 brothers and we used to make bows like that...I still have scars !!

Hidehunter

Thats a good idea Dave...

She has upgraded now nasty...She said she needed a 'real' bow lol.  here she is patiently waiting for a deer to come down the trail.
Denver                                           

coyotehunter_1

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

nastygunz

HaHa!..wow shes gunna grow up and slam em!!!..great picture!