• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Carry holster for 1911

Started by bigben, January 23, 2013, 03:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

I put a springfield 1911 a1 milspec on layaway the other week mainly cause its a three hour wait on hold for the nics background check for pa. I was plannin on getting in early and picking it up they said the wait is only a half hour then mostly.

But anyhow i am looking for a carry holster for it. A iwb would be nice but was tempted with getting a shoulder harness. I was looking at the kholster and crossbreed but i know the 1911 has to have the hammer back to fire and am comfortable carrying locked and loaded and many say you should have a thumb strap to further make it safe. What are you guys reccomendations? 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Frogman

Quote from: Frogman on January 23, 2013, 04:09:31 PM
Milt Sparks Versa Max II!!

Jim

I found some pictures . . .

A very nice holster!  Mine is for Commander length barrel!

Jim

KySongDog

The Milt Sparks VM II is a nice IWB holster but be prepared to wait at least 6 months to get one from them.     That's how it took me to get mine.

Another real nice holster that I like is the Galco Concealeable CON212B.  It is a belt holster and not a IWB but it carries the 1911 very well.

Be sure to get a good gun belt to go with your holster.   A flimsy dress belt won't be comfortable no matter what holster you get.

Frogman

Semp,

I found mine on ebay several years ago, had  it within a few days!

Jim

KySongDog

Milt Sparks frowns on Ebay sellers.  In fact, if they catch you selling one you get from them too quick on ebay they'll cut you off from buying from them. 

From Milt Sparks site:

"ebay'ers take note:
It has come to our attention that some individuals have been ordering our product (most notably our model VM-2) for no other reason than for speculative sales on auction sites such as ebay. While we may admire the entrepreneurial aspect of those individuals and are flattered that some bidders are willing to pay well over 2 1/2 times the retail price just to have the item now instead of 6 months down the road. We are not impressed with the fact that some of these sellers have no real personal need for the product other than to make a quick profit on an internet sale. Speculative purchasing for internet resale, has a tendency to further extend the already extended wait times of those who do have a genuine need for the product and that is where we have a problem.

Therefore, it is our policy going forward, that we will not accept any order, or an addition to any order and will cancel any order that has the distinctive identifiers of an order destined for speculative, or unauthorized dealer sales. As a manufacturer, we reserve the right to accept, decline or cancel any order,  at any time, for any reason and that includes limiting the items on an individuals order.  Furthermore, the Ebay speculators, as we determine who they are, will be forever relegated to our 'No Orders' list and we will ask our dealers to avoid these individuals as well. "