• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Obama considering Executive Orders for gun control

Started by Frogman, January 09, 2013, 10:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

I just saw on Fox News a spot about Joe Biden's study group on gun control.  The announcer said they had heard that Obama was considering using Executive Orders to implement gun control.  This would bypass Congress!  Saw this today 1/9/13 at about 11:30 AM on Fox News?? 

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Todd Rahm

He's trying change the term limits so he can run again also.

KySongDog

Sounds a lot like Hitler, doesn't it?

I'm really going to start worrying when the big O begins ordering mass quantities of cattle cars.    :sad3:

Carolina Coyote

Gonna be big trouble if and when they try to take the guns for sure. cc

FOsteology

Jefferson and his fellow authors were correct in the Second Amendment, "...necessary to the security of a free state." Not, necessary for hunting, nor necessary for sporting events nor anything else. Necessary to the security of a free state.

This right is more than a privilege, it is a duty of the citizenry to maintain vigilance against tyranny. Had the peoples of the United States not been so armed, certainly absolute tyranny would have befallen us generations ago.

The cost of maintaining liberty is and always has been, paid in blood. Too often, the blood of innocents, of which the blood of heroes adds only in drops to the rivers spilled.

If we are to live in a society of freedom and liberty, we must be prepared to defend it with our lives and that last line is the people themselves, armed and prepared to defend themselves.

The necessary cost of freedom is that the firearms used to protect it will from time to time, fall into the wrong hands, be used for wrong purposes, or even cause harm in accidents. If we are to live in freedom, we must be prepared to pay the cost and bear the burden of doing so. Sadly, that includes the loss of innocent life at the hands of monsters. We must do all that we can to prevent tragedies like this by stopping these monsters before they do harm.

To abdicate the responsibility of defense of freedom in the name of security, will do nothing but ensure the loss of both. The 20th century gave rise to more innocent blood spilled, by the hands of their own governments, than at any point in human history. Fascists and communists and dictators of all stripes oppressed and systematically murdered their own citizens on a scale that is not humanly imaginable. Stalin and Mao are responsible for at least 60 million innocent humans, their own subjects, being slaughtered.

To think we Americans are somehow exempt from the same fate is ludicrous. At some point, the very last line of defense is an armed citizenry, prepared and equipped to resist oppression.

FinsnFur

I think were gonna be alright.
Walmart whom is the largest gun retailer in the United States (seriously) is sending representatives to the White House to talk with Biden on Thursday.

So were good :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

I think he has to use the executive orders because the democrats are not all on board with feinsteinns bill & he knows there is a good chance it will never make it to his desk with Congressional approval.

i dont see him winning another term.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

WldWldWest

George H did it with importation of so called Assualt weapons.

clinton did it with the Assualt weapons.

obama is gonna do it now

A 2/3's vote from congress can overide any executive order

Do you think that will happen?

Dont kid yourself.

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

nastygunz

I popped into my local wallyworld last and nary a ar15 or mini14 in sight !

Bopeye

My local gun shop I stop at every day was cleaned out of 31 AR-15's in one day. All it took was King B. Hussein Obama opening his mouth.  :huh: Best dang gun salesman I ever saw!  :doh2:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free