• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Dante learns some new words!

Started by Dave, May 13, 2013, 08:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Took Dante fishing with my friend, Tom, in the Delaware Bay just off the inside coast of Cape May, NJ. early Sunday morning.  We were fishing out of Tom's boat with plugs and drifting parallel along the shoreline, being swept along by both the tide and the wind toward a jetty.  The jetty had two guys fishing it and casting up the beach in our general direction.  Dante was fishing off the bow of the boat, while Tom and I were casting off the stern.  One of the two guys on the jetty had just caught a short striper and threw it back in the water.  We were still 100 yards away and I guess Dante cast one towards him and the guy went ballistic.  "You F'n A-Hole!," only not hyphenated.  Dante wasn't sure what to make of it and said he thought the guy was hollering at the second jetty fisherman.  Dante looked at us, then turned and looked back at the fisherman. "Yeah, I'm talking to you, you F'n A-hole! You're a f'n a-hole!!"     I thought he was just pissed that we were on a drift towards them, and wasn't directing it toward Dante, but more towards the boat.  We were still well enough away from them as to not stir that kind of response, but figured he was just a dick.    Tom and I pretty much ignored it and he continued to rant and rave expletives in our direction.  Tom wanted to buzz by him, but we ended up just turning and running back up the beach another few hundred yards for another drift.  As we left we had to motor around the end of the jetty and then through the inlet on the other side of it. As we were passing by, Dante said he looked over toward the guy and he was staring back and started shaking his head with his lips all scrunched up. It was after that when Dante told us he was barking at him probably because he had casted towards where he had caught his short.  We were laughing about it on the ride home.

I'm sure he's telling his buddies in school right now - and I can only hope  he's using the hyphenated version of those words!

Hawks Feather

Sounds like you came across a real un-sports-man. 

Jerry

FinsnFur

Geeeez. I'm glad it stayed at a verbal level instead of getting physical. :holdon:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

That guy would have a real heart attack in some of the fishing spots around here.  I remember one of the pay lakes where if you caught a fish there would instantly be 5 guys standing next to you slinging bait.  Then all of the lines would get crossed and then.........well you get the picture.  :laf: