• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Shooting Range

Started by Carolina Coyote, January 16, 2014, 07:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carolina Coyote

This past year we decided to build a shooting range at the Wanderosia with a Shed to put shooting benches and have Targets for 100, 200 and 300 yards. I contacted Frogman to see if he could provide some information on Shooting Benches and he was kind enough to send pictures and dimensions of Benches at the range he goes to. Below are some pictures of the Benches and Shack that we built.

We built two benches

The start of the ShackFloor

Putting in post for the walls

The Floor for the shack almost finished.

Putting the roof on

Ready to start putting the sides on.

Sides almost complete

Putting the Target stands in.

Standing in the Shack looking down range.

This project was a long time coming, still a few minor things to complete, We had rain the two days we worked on it and one time everyone got soaking wet but we took a short break and put on dry clothes and went back out between showers to finish, We think it turned out pretty good and real happy to finally have a good place to bust some primers.

slagmaker

sweet looking set up ya have there. the benches look strong.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Frogman

Wow!!  Looks great!  I'm happy I was able to help!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

possumal

Great report, CC.  I know that is going to provide a useful place for sighting in and tuning up.  :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

JohnP

Good stuff Carl.  Obviously a private club, how many members?  I really like the benches, ours are concrete and are a bit of an inconvenience as they can't be moved.  I voted for wood but got overruled.   
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Carolina Coyote

I am very happy to finally get a shooting range like this set up, Yes it is a private club with 4 official members and 4 unofficial members that come some of the time and we do invite guest when we have accommodations for them, Total acres around 5000 mostly owned by one of the members, most of the leased land is with some of the adjoining Farmers as a trade out on letting them farm part of the property, We have a lot of Deer, Turkey, Hogs are beginning to come in more every year right now not a major problem but the way its going it probably will be, one of the unofficial members has Rabbit dogs and we have several hunts  every year and of course Coyotes, Fox, and Bobcats, Crows a plenty, Lot of Fox squirrels that we don't hunt and a few Quail but we don't hunt them on the property, There was a lot of Armadillos but have gone nocturnal  because they were easy targets, we have a large Duck pond that we plan to cultivate this year, we all love it and that is why we call it the Wanderosia.

HaMeR

Very nice setup Carl!! I like the ambidextrious tables. Looks like there's gonna be a LOT more powder burnt out there now!! It looks like you can pull the benches back in further to keep them out of the weather better too. Looks like a couple of days well spent!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

HuntnCarve

Well done Carl!   Ya all should have put that up on stilts and then you could of had an awesome blind to boot.  :laf:  By the way, I am envious.  Was always my dream to have a rifle range like that at my house. :wink:

Dave

Dale

yes sir that is a fine lookin set up you have there... only thing I could think of to make it better is to hinge the back wall to let some of the sound out...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

Hawks Feather

That looks fantastic!  We have a decent 100 yard range, but extending it to 300 would make me one happy shooter.  Where did you say this is located?   :biggrin:

Jerry

FinsnFur

Carl were you helping or just supervising? I mean geeez every pic posted your......jis kiddin :biggrin:
Thats a nice little setup and it looks like it was kept in budget. Nice job
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Carolina Coyote

I did help build it, I built the benches at home by my self out of lumber I had remove from my deck but was still solid, The tin came from Sam who owes the land, he is very resourceful, he also bought all the new lumber and material that was needed, his comment after it was finished was " I feel like I made money today, spent $500.00 on lumber and materials but would not take $1500.00 for it now " The Wanderosia is a life long dream for him and says it would not be fun if he did not share with his friends. Everyone pitched in to help build the shack including Sam who probably worked the hardest. I'm  sure everyone will enjoy the range  from the chatter going on during the construction. Some of the material was used but not abused, originally we thought about pouring a concrete slab and concrete benches but changed our mind and now I think I like the wood better. cc

JohnP

" it would not be fun if he did not share with his friends."

I think this is a life lesson that we don't fully appreciate until we get a "bit" older in life.  Sam is indeed a good friend and in today's world we need more people like him.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs