• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Spike for the freezer

Started by code, September 05, 2014, 06:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

code

"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

code

Got out last night and decided to sit on my favorite stump. Heard some sticks popping a couple hundred yards down the main access road and decided to check it out. My plan was to do a loop, half of it through the clearcut and the other half on the road. I finished the clearcut part and was just getting on the road when I heard alders rustling. After sitting there for a few seconds I located the sound, this guy was in some thick alders about 35 yards away. I stalked up the far side of the road from him and finally found a clear shooting lame at 18 yards. The spike was so focused on his food that he didn't even notice me draw. My pin glided over the back part of his shoulder and I released. The shot felt GREAT, he jumped 5 feet up and took 4-5 running steps...then 2 steps.....CRASH! Deer down! He went less than 10 yards. I usually wait 15 minutes on this kind of sure shot but in this case he was completely dead and I was sure of it. The main gate was closed so I ended up packing him out whole the back way. One mile of choked out logging roads with a deer on a pole hurts! 😜
"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

slagmaker

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

msmith

Good on ya! A nice little butterball buck, good eatin! [emoji2]
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

HaMeR

Cool deal Code!! Thanks for sharing your hunt!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Dave

All right Cody - you always seem to be the first one on the board here, congrats!
Looks like a good sized body for a spike - I'm sure he'll be good eating.

Carolina Coyote

looks like you made a perfect shot, Congratulations. cc

Hawks Feather

Great placement on your shot and congrats on many good meals to come.

Jerry

riverboss

Hes at it again this year already!! Way to go Code!! I would hate to be on your hit list.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

nastygunz

Not only a hunting machine but a pretty dang good wordsmith also!

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

code

Thanks guys! My success is mostly due to a great family and all the knowledge they have passed along.

weedwalker

Way to go Code!! Congratulations!! :highclap: That will be some good eating!!

FOsteology

Way to go!

Where's the pic? And why not bone out the meat and pack out? Would be much easier!