• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Way to warm and 11 days till fire arm season.

Started by trailtwister, November 04, 2015, 08:03:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailtwister

Been disappointing to say the least few bucks sited since early Sept.

Yesterday the 3d I was walking the pup at 7:00AM and walking down the path to go back to the barn there he stands all regal with bright 6 to 7" tines and wider, way wider than the ears. So there is a big fella around so I have up lifted heart.
Then last evening I am taking the pup for our evening walk and there he stands under the apple trees in the back yard ( apples have been gone a month at least.) this time he turns his head and I count 4 on each side at about 50 yards.
We set a new day time high temp yesterday of 79F and may set a new record today so it sure does not feel like it is getting close to fire arm deer season.
One weather forecaster last evening who is a deer hunter said opening day forecast is for 70F in south east Michigan.

:eyebrownod:Al
Your not fully dressed with out a smile.

riverboss

We open in Ky also and its been hot. I saw a couple good ones during early mz season the rut has been very slow this yr! I haven't seen any chasing yet but a few smaller bucks fighting. Good luck Al.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

FinsnFur

Im trying to find a blaze orange swimming suit to hunt in.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

riverboss

Just dye your self like they did the cow in Alaska the last frontier! That thing was orange as heck lol.

trailtwister

Surveyors tape  can be had in orange. Just hang some off the extremities :biggrin:.

:eyebrownod: Al

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

riverboss

My eyes my eyes!!!![emoji102] [emoji102] [emoji102]

trailtwister

4 more days left. Have seen two different nice 8 points in the last week. They have harvested all the corn around me so the deer can't hide in the field. Still predicting 50F plus temps though.

:eyebrownod:  Al

riverboss

Big weather drop tomorrow buck chasing this morning on the way to work it should be a good opener. 30 deg sat morn predicted.