• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Lion

Started by JohnP, November 04, 2015, 03:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Got a call from a rancher friend, he found a dead calf and partially chewed on cow wanted to know if I was still calling.  What's a guy to do?  I can barely stand but,  packed some provisions, small tent, caller and cane and I'm out the door.  See ya all in a couple of days, I hope.  Needless to stay the wife is having a fit.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

slagmaker

Be safe...

Looking forward to a hero shot, or two.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

riverboss

Dam John be safe I wish I lived close I'd go along as backup and camp cook.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

bambam

Good luck !!  Stay safe.

pitw

To [L] with safe, look where that got ya. :innocentwhistle:  Go have as much fun as is possible and damb the consequences. :yoyo:

Remember the camera. :readthis:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Whats a guy to do :innocentwhistle:
Be careful pal :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Quote from: riverboss on November 04, 2015, 05:10:03 PM
I wish I lived close I'd go along as backup and camp cook.

Me too

Be safe and have fun Mr. JohnP.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

JohnP

Hunt was over before it really started.  I'll explain later tonight or maybe tomorrow or the day after that or maybe not.

Okanagan

Quote from: JohnP on November 09, 2015, 10:07:12 AM
Hunt was over before it really started.  I'll explain later tonight or maybe tomorrow or the day after that or maybe not.

Love it!  Wish I'd had that much self contained confidence when I was age 20!

We'd enjoy the story if you get around to it and feel like it.  All good either way.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: JohnP on November 09, 2015, 10:07:12 AM

Then I guess we will look forward to hearing the tale or maybe not.    :biggrin:

Jerry

slagmaker

So I guess there is definitely a possibility we may or may not hear about a trip that could have possibly happened or not.

FinsnFur

Maybe he ran into Cecil's brother :sad3:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

JohnP

The ranchers problem was taken care of -- but not by me.  Another hunter, while deer hunting shot and killed the lion the morning of the day I got there.  Since I was there I thought I'd do a little calling, spent two day out there and on the evening of the second day I couldn't walk.  Barely made it to the vehicle and drove to the ranch house.  He drove me home and one of he ranch hands went out and got my "stuff" and drove my vehicle home.  Today is the first day without the wheelchair and/or crutches.    The night I got home was pure hell, all I heard was "I told you not to go, doc told you not to go and our daughter told you not to go, but you know better than all of us"  Hate it when she is right!  My deer season starts on the 27th, we might be in divorce court on the 28th.   

JohnP

Quote from: coyote101 on November 04, 2015, 08:49:26 PM
Quote from: riverboss on November 04, 2015, 05:10:03 PM
I wish I lived close I'd go along as backup and camp cook.

Me too

Be safe and have fun Mr. JohnP.

Pat]

My son in law is a realtor I can have him put a packet together for both of you.  I could use all the help I can get.

FinsnFur

You had to be pretty miserable if your admitting it. We usually dont get to hear that from you. I'm glad you were surrounded by folks that were capable of helping out.
I do want to see some pics of you and your deer before the year ends so get rested up buddy. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

slagmaker

Glad you safe and it sucks that your sore. Get rested and go at it again when your ready.

riverboss

Johnp sorry I just paid my place off early summer I won't be moving its time to relax. Sorry you hurt so bad I know what that's like! To bad it was uneventful on your trip.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

Dale

John, sorry to hear things turned out as they did, but in the end, it's all good... get rested up and get out for deer... take your salt and pepper with you and eat'em where he drops if you can't find anyone to drag it out...   :biggrin:
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...