• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Duesenberg Thunder Run & Air Show

Started by Hawks Feather, September 08, 2015, 11:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

My youngest daughter lives across the road from the Goshen, Indiana airport and she had told me that the airport would be the host to the Duesenberg Thunder Run where there would be Duesenbergs and also some older planes.  How could I resist spending the day at an event like that?  I couldn’t.   So . . . .

One of the 20 Duesenbergs that were there.  Does it look like a several million dollar car?

How about a closer look at the quality of the build.

The Dueseys that I love the body style of and what I had always called the ‘boat tail’ which I learned was a name that ‘true’ Duesenberg owners/collectors don’t like.  Not being one of them it will always be a Boat Tailed Duesenberg to me.

You have to love stunt plane pilots.

If I ever owned a plane this might be it.

They even had drag races with the Duesenbergs.  Some were for fun and some were rather serious about their racing.

For anyone who is not aware, this is how Jim relaxes after a hard week of work.  And all the time he has been saying it is fishing where he relaxes.

In case you didn’t see Jim in the last image here is a better one of him.  Yep, that is Jim right on top!

B-17 making one of several trips.  It is a thing of beauty.  None of the ‘touring’ B-17s ever saw combat.  Maybe that is the reason they are still flying.

Ever seen an artificial bomb drop?  I had seen some, but none quite like this.

Then there was this little Chevy with a jet engine inside.  It only made it to about 300 before he popped the chute.  They said he got 4 Gs at take off and 8 Gs when the chute kicked in.

Then they did a ‘wall of fire’ during the jet truck’s second run.  I thought that they just were talking about the flame coming from the back end of the truck, but no.

If you want to see a ‘few’ more images you can click this link:  http://www.jerrylatta.biz/Duesenberg-Thunder-Run-0906201

slagmaker

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

JohnP

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

Wow...awesome pics. Great job Jerry :congrats:
I've stood on a lot of different types of roofs, but no airplanes. Including the one pictured above.  :nono:  no wayyyyyy   :sick2:
I love the wall of fire. Holy crap  :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

snafu

Those are fantastic! pics. B-17's an awesome bomber. I went to an air show one day. At the end of it anyone could pay a fee to climb into a B-17 for a tour. Right when that time came. My camera's battery went dead  :doh2: 
"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"

Carolina Coyote

Awesome pictures, I have flew in the Bi-wings and its a very cool ride. Thanks for sharing