• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Windows 10

Started by trailtwister, January 27, 2016, 11:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailtwister

Installed windows 10 yesterday on my lap top. What a gawd awful system for a old guy. Going to take the computer in and have it wiped clean and reinstall windows 7 again. A whole lot simpler and some features are so much better like being able to back up several pages at once instead of just one step at a time.
Like when I finish this to go back I will go to a clean page then click again to go the the menu for this section then another click to get to the main menu.

Windows to YUK.
Won't even let me use the smilies.

[:-)   Al

Your not fully dressed with out a smile.

bambam

Thanks trailtwister. !!!  I was thinking about installing it, glad I didn't.  :yoyo:

JohnP

Installed also.  Took my PC down to Best Buy (Geek Squad) told them to take it off, said they couldn't, once installed it's there for keeps!  I was so pissed off I started to look for another PC - all the new ones come with W-10.................
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

KySongDog

Sounds like you have a browser problem rather than an operating system problem.   The windows 10 browser is now called Edge instead of Internet Explorer and Microsoft made a bunch of changes to it.   Try using a browser like Firefox.  I think it works much better than Microsoft's.

As far as Windows 10 goes, I like it.  It does take a little bit of time to get used to it though.

MI VHNTR

If you are using Windows 10, make sure that you go to the "Settings" section. Turn off all of the items that are spying on you and your internet use and reporting them back to Microsoft. Cortana is just one of the many programs reporting back to Microsoft on what you are doing on the net. Windows 10 wants access to your email, camera, microphone, etc.
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

trailtwister

Just found this out.

For those who have upgraded from Win7 and want to go back, there is a way to do this within thirty days without doing a complete reinstall.
Going back to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 - Windows Help -

Says if you had it longer you need to find a different way to get back to windows 7 or 8.
My self if the geek squad would not wipe the computer clean I would check with staples who has a service sort of like the geek squad or just buy a wipe it clean your self program.

{:-)   Al

trailtwister

Going back to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1

Applies to Windows 10 

•If it’s been less than a month since you upgraded to Windows 10, you can go back to your previous version of Windows by going to Settings > Update & security > Recovery  and selecting either Go back to Windows 7 or Go back to Windows 8.1. This won't affect your personal files, but it will remove any apps you installed after the upgrade to Windows 10. Learn more.

•If it’s been more than a month, this option won’t be available in Settings and you’ll need to use a different recovery option.

The link would not work. Also would not let me copy the ural and paste it.

{:-)

Carolina Coyote

The Browser for W-10 is the problem I think also as I have W-10 and use Chrome, it works better but thinking Firefox might be better?

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

trailtwister

Well got rid of windows 10. Restored computer to orginal form. I really mean ORGINAL form too. Had to reinstall my Karpersky, printer driver, and picture program. Have to go about and reset all my pass words and such.

:eyebrownod:  Al

FinsnFur

Windows 10    :nono:
There's gotta be a reason they're forcing it down our throats. There's gotta be a reason its free.
They also made it easier to "accidentally" install. :holdon:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

trailtwister

Some people are telling me they like it, say it is a lot like their phone. I don't have a smart phone and the day they try to force a smart phone on me it the day I no longer will have a cell phone.
I don't need a phone other than to make and recieve phone calls. If Iwant to do copmuter stuff I have my lap top. and yes I do have a spare battery so I can do a lot away from a charger for a day.

:eyebrownod: Al

FinsnFur

Never used 10 Al but that might be a valid comparison.
That comparison reminds me of Windows 8 though. I could not get my head wrapped around 8 when I got my first laptop with it. As far as I was concerned it was useless. I had heard it was designed for portability and syncing, which is what I wanted so I could run my hosting business from places other then home.
My youngest daughter was being introduced to it one night way back when I got it. She couldnt get it figured out. Even after several minutes of it, she kept saying "where's the regular computer stuff? This is stupid...wheres "start" and stuff like that? What are you suppose to do with this?"

Finally I said think of it like your Iphone. It's a giant lap version of your phone and these are all the icons for apps and programs.
She said, " AHHH! OK!!..click click click clickety click she goes. I got it now! That makes total sense, she wails.

It helped being a touch screen maybe.
I still like my 7 though. ;yes;
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

trailtwister

Just finished doing 260 up dates for windows. Yes it was rebooted with just what it came from the store with about 2006. Started yesterday about 6:50 AM finished this morning around 3:00 AM. Working better now, I was about to take it in and have the pros redo it. We bought a 3 year service plan that covers 3 computers and our anti virus program last spring.

:eyebrownod:   Al

FinsnFur

Yah if you start all over, you have to have all the updates reinstalled :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

trailtwister

Well finally back to where I was. do have a issue with my office programs have to go look in the main menu for it rather than have it on the desk top like before.

:eyebrownod:  Al

FinsnFur

To create a link on the desktop Al just click and hold on it in the start menu and then drag your mouse to the desktop and let go of the clicker. A menu will pop up..."create shortcut on desktop".  Boom done
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

trailtwister