• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Tools and tips from your fur shed

Started by catskinner, April 22, 2007, 09:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catskinner

Does anyone have tools they have developed over the years to make it faster, easier, of neater to put up your fur. Post them on this thread.     

catskinner

Here is one I call a tail spreader. I make them out of the expanded metal that is on the outside of heavy equipment air filters. Once you have the fur tacked down on the strecher put the pointed end of the spreader at the base of the tail, keep a little pressure on it to keep it against the tail and draw down on, it will flatten the tail out as it goes down. Once it is in position use a few push pins or a staple gun to hold it in place.

catskinner

Here is a fleshing tool made out of a piece of conduit, this thing works slick and can be easily starpened on a bench grinder.
BTW my partner is kind of sensitive about his horse so keep the comments to yourselves.lol

Hawks Feather

I think your partner's horse looks pretty good.  Doesn't look like it would eat that much and it would be easy to clean up after it and when it might eat.  Isn't that a miniature palomino?  I can't really see if it has the white mane and tail to be sure.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Pretty clever Skinner  :congrats: I like that.
Now about that horse  :wo:  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

catskinner

I tell you he's pretty proud of that horse, I think he said it WAS a miniature palomino. I dont know why he keeps it around though I have yet to see it pack out an elk.

Hawks Feather

The miniature palomino is a very unique breed and should never be used as a pack horse.  It is more of a recreational riding horse.

Jerry

studabaka

Exactly!! The kind that dreams are made of...... fairly priceless as I recall.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

catskinner

He's probably got in on Ebay already.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Bopeye

Ya reckon he would let me ride it?  :wo:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

catskinner

I don't think he lets anybody ride it since it drug his neighbor so bad.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

catskinner

I emailed my pard, he says he is going to sign on here, I think he is going to try to defend himself.

Hawks Feather

I don't know what kind of reception he will get since he has a WILD horse that DRAGS  neighbors.  I think he needs to spend a few days watching the Horse Whisperer.  Then he will know how to calm that horse down so that no one is injured.

Jerry

Brad H

I'm interested in trapping tips, but this whole horse deal is stating to scare me. :nono:

Brad

catskinner

Ya, who high jacked my thread anyway. lol

Hawks Feather

The horse made me do it.  Sorry.

Jerry