• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Hello from Alaska, the Bears in Katmai

Started by Tikaani, August 24, 2022, 11:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikaani

Flew down to Katmai a week ago, figured you would enjoy these pictures. Reducing the pictures to fit has taken some of the clarity away, and sorry for the multiple posts once again. I will try to post more often as time becomes available. Hope all is well with everyone, moose season and winter are around the corner here.

You cannot view this attachment.

You cannot view this attachment. 
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

Hawks Feather

Unbelievable images. What camera were you using? Since there isn't a picture of you (like the seagull) I know it wasn't a close up lens. I forgot to add that I really appreciate the posts and seeing the bears.

FinsnFur

Never apologize for multiple posts. We never get sick of the stuff you post. :nono:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Tikaani

I am using a Nikon D850 w/multi battery pack that allows me to shoot 9fps and a Nikon 200-500mm lens. I also had a Nikon  D7100 with my 70-140mm lens also with a multi battery pack. Glad you enjoyed the pictures.
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Tikaani on August 24, 2022, 09:16:16 PMI am using a Nikon D850 w/multi battery pack that allows me to shoot 9fps and a Nikon 200-500mm lens. I also had a Nikon  D7100 with my 70-140mm lens also with a multi battery pack. Glad you enjoyed the pictures.

I shoot Canon, but it is the photographer not the camera. From what I have heard, the bears are more interested in the salmon than photographers, unless they get in the way. That being said, I think I would be using the 200-500mm at 500mm. 😊 I have battery grips on my cameras because I like the side shutter release and the extra battery life for days like this Saturday when I will be doing pics for: Middle School and High School cross country, girls tennis, boys JV and Varsity soccer, and girls soccer. Probably over 1,000 images Saturday. I know that they would help you in cold weather that drains batteries. Again, great action shots and I really enjoy them.

Okanagan

Love the pics and the glimpses into a life non of us are living.  Keep them coming.  We get a few salmon and a few black bears around here on the Olympic Penninsula but nothing like you experience, and I take it as a gift of your time and expertise to share some of it with us.

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing