• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Barry

Started by JohnP, February 12, 2023, 01:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

JohnP

My grandson wearing my beret, he said he is going to be a Green Beret soldier when he grows up, just like papa.

bambam

Quote from: JohnP on February 12, 2023, 01:27:35 PMMy grandson wearing my beret, he said he is going to be a Green Beret soldier when he grows up, just like papa.

I can see one very proud papa in the future.

pitw

I caot see the video. :shrug:

Feel proud John as I believe you deserve to.
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

What does that patch on the beret mean?

Okanagan

Quote from: JohnP on February 12, 2023, 01:27:35 PMMy grandson wearing my beret, he said he is going to be a Green Beret soldier when he grows up, just like papa.

Powerful photo.  All is not lost in this Republic. 

JohnP

Quote from: pitw on February 13, 2023, 08:34:40 AMFeel proud John as I believe you deserve to.

I do feel proud of him and I'm sure he will do good in the selection process, which ain't easy, like the song said "one hundred men will test today only three will win a beret"  The selection course I went through we had 125, only five made it.

I hope that video opens for you, nobody else seems to have a problem with it.

JohnP

Quote from: nastygunz on February 13, 2023, 08:37:54 AMWhat does that patch on the beret mean?

Each SF Group has a different "patch", which is called a "Blaze".  The one he is wearing signifies the JFK Special Warfare School.  The one in my avatar indicates the 5th Special Forces Group.

KySongDog

Quote from: JohnP on February 13, 2023, 06:09:10 PMThe selection course I went through we had 125, only five made it.

Nice looking young man and I have no doubt he will do well at whatever he chooses.

That success percentage is 4% and speaks volumes of what it takes to qualify as a Green Beret. High intelligence is mandatory and the average knuckle dragger need not apply.  Congrats, John.

JohnP

Thank you KySongDog. 
The qualification course is rather difficult, and the mental part is just as tough.  You got to believe you can go the distance and if you believe it you can do it. I find it hard to believe that some of the things I use to do, and today I am confined to a walker to get around and have absolutely no strength to do anything worthwhile. My right shoulder has been hurting and can barely lift it.  Yesterday the orthopedic surgeon told me that the only thing they could do was to have a complete shoulder replacement and at my age, it is not recommended.  So such is life.

bambam

Quote from: JohnP on February 14, 2023, 06:08:07 PMThank you KySongDog. 
The qualification course is rather difficult, and the mental part is just as tough.  You got to believe you can go the distance and if you believe it you can do it. I find it hard to believe that some of the things I use to do, and today I am confined to a walker to get around and have absolutely no strength to do anything worthwhile. My right shoulder has been hurting and can barely lift it.  Yesterday the orthopedic surgeon told me that the only thing they could do was to have a complete shoulder replacement and at my age, it is not recommended.  So such is life.

You will get an even better body than you once had when you pass the Pearly gates . I salute you.

JohnP