• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Magnum Research's new BFR

Started by FinsnFur, September 12, 2024, 08:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

I cant get my head wrapped around how you'd even hold that thing tight enough to keep your teeth.
I hate that style of pistol grip to begin with. I feel like it just invites more recoil and lessens your ability to control it.
But besides that..what a conceal carry!! :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

I carried a .454 in Alaska, and had no problem shooting it, respectfully. Just looking at that .460 hurts my wrist.

bigben

after shooting a .460 and .500 the .460 kicked harder.  It was in a bear defense setup that had a short barrel.  Impressive but definitely one you wouldn't want to limp wrist and want to hang on. 

is this bfr chambered in 45/70 like the rest? 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

FinsnFur

Quote from: bigben on September 13, 2024, 03:55:42 AMis this bfr chambered in 45/70 like the rest? 

I guess I kinda assumed it was. I cant really find anything that says it isnt.

Magnum Research Custom BFR 460 "Thunder Buggy" Specifications:
Manufacturer: Magnum Research, Inc., 12602 33rd Avenue SW, Pillager, MN 56473; 218-746-4597; magnumresearch.com
Action Type: single-action revolver
Chambering: .460 S&W, primary cylinder; .450 Bushmaster, second cylinder
Barrel: 3"
Frame: polished stainless steel, distressed black Nitride finish
Rifling: six-groove, 1:16" RH-twist
Cylinder Capacity: five
Sights: removable ramped front, fully adjustable square-notch rear
Trigger: single-action,  2-lb., 14-oz. pull
Overall Length: 10"
Height: 5.75" (measured from top strap)
Width: 1.785" (cylinder)
Weight: 54.9 ozs. (unloaded)
Accessories: owner's manual, foam-lined  box, two cylinders, two grip sets, two additional front sights, trigger lock
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

I came that close to buying one of their vent rib 410 pistols. I couldn't find any information on the shot pattern and I asked them and they sent me a picture of a shot pattern with number nine shot from 5 feet away which didn't help and then the price was like $1500 I said hell with that.

bigben

not really given it an excuse but most 45/70 ammo is pretty tame compared to the likes of a .460 or .500 s&w.  but still would and could be a wrist bruiser.  not sure why anyone would want a pistol like that anyhow other then fun.  A contender wouldn't be a bad pistol to get it in but they kick like a mule as well.  Dad has a .44 mag barrel I swapped onto my frame one year to hunt deer and it stuns ya a bit.  another reason why im kinda not tempted to buy that 30/30 one.  I feel like I could kill a deer with my .223 setup.  its definitely accurate enough.  I have shot some ground hogs and pretty good distances before. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

nastygunz

Ive shot deer with my .223 carbine, get good deer ammo n let er rip :biggrin:

bigben

I used to load sierra game kings for fox because they just mushroomd instead of blowing up.  That was my plan if I was going to use it.  Figured a good shot behind the shoulder would do it.